1st fixed gear bicycle

Back in the early 90’s I had an old 80’s Paino road bike, with reynolds 531 and a mish-mash of bits. I think it had SR cranks, a campy chainring that had been drilled for weight-reduction, 3TTT bars, a mavic and a weinmann rim, 105 friction shifters and a 5 speed rear cluster. Being a poor kid, I rode that bike till the tyres wore through to the casings. Macca was at Macca’s corner, Mick Mazza’s shop was on Illawarra Road. Aluminium frames were new. Carbon fibre was unheard of.

I stopped riding when I finished school. 15 years later things have changed heaps. A few months ago I was on Darling Street and saw a fixed gear bicycle (never noticed one before). A matt black frame, pink velocity deep-v’s, cut-down flat bars with Oury grips and spoke cards. Looked neat. Chatted to my brother about it (who’s still into bikes) and then he put the bug back into me. He’s sorted me out and located an old track frame, and some of his spare parts, some from eBay and some from Peter Bundy, to get me rolling. Love it!

What’s the go with these spoke cards?

Post a pic bro.

peacock feathers, mate. wouldn’t worry about them.

Its funny how its hit the streets finally…
I use to velo’ as a 12-15y.o…
Use to strap my track rims to my bag,ride to the track, swap rims, train…swap rims back…ride home…
now as of about 5 months ago built up an old repco found in hard rubbish due to a few friends riding fixed geared…
Kinda suprised them with my old tracks…
Has been alot of fun…

As for the spoke cards…