2010 UCI Road World Championships: 29th Sep - 3rd Oct

lol, we’re not all as fit as you Zak! ha ha

At this stage, I’ll look at booking Accom for the ride down, and in geelong, return flights and event tickets after the 15th August. (my next pay day)

So, this gives everyone 3 weeks to confirm they’re keen, book time off work or husbund duties, etc etc.

Andy has volunteered the abuse… er… support vehicle role… of his Civic for the trip down. We should be able to fit some flat-packed cardboard bike boxes the back unger all the gear in so we can box up the bikes for the plane trip home. Plus there will be room for the bike of the driver, plus bags etc. We’ll just all pool in on the petrol costs for the trip down and back.

Is everyone happy staying in backpackers and pubs on the way down? We could splash a little more cash and get somewhere decent once we’re settled in Geelong or Melbourne for those last 5 days or so.

this sounds epic. interested

Pretty sure this won’t happen for me. Saving holidays for some time in the sun. But sounds seriously killer, and would love to come along. Will look at my leave totals and do an evaluation…

I would love to do this, and if it was maybe two weeks later in the year I’d be able to. We’re going to be sailing mondays and pulling in fridays for pretty much the rest of the year. :frowning:

Anal leave? :wink:

as for accom Nathan i think backpackers and pubs would be the way to go to save costs over all.

Pack a tent in the car. I can lend you a two-man tent, perhaps you can all cram in there :slight_smile:

If the planets of fitness, study and work align, I might do the run to Melbourne some time between my annual review in November and the beginning of semester 1 in March. If it happens, I would probably haul the panniers and a tent and do the thing on the cheap.

My horoscope is saying a similar thing to Carlin’s - sometime in summer would be easier workwise. Maybe in early January.

Great idea though, that whole south nsw coast part would be amazing.

Motivating me to get a road bike that fits.

WHAT? whats the problem with the LOOK?

It’s just too long. I have the correct bb in there and the small ring still chomps the chainstay from too much flex. Now it’s started creaking when I climb. :frowning: