$250 Hillman track

ah, sorry man. I’ll keep a look out for you.

turn it up lads, I think Perth has had it’s fair share of eBay/gumtree/old mate down the street bargains of late!!!

quit rainin on my in no way needed purchase!! :wink:

We wouldn’t complain if they didn’t all end up over east :stuck_out_tongue: ha ha :wink: just playin :slight_smile:

Nicely snapped up!!

Dura-Ace groupset, vintage Olmo, Chiswell dining chairs…(for dylz.)

Dude, that’s a mcbain for sure…

Haha if it’s not a legit hillman i will be cutting it into small pieces!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice pick up rolly! Best decal set they ever had

thanks mate, couldn’t agree more, 70’s awesomeness :slight_smile:

My old man has a 55cm hillman track he no longer rides, unfortunately too small for me. When he want to sell I’ll post it up on here.

HOONZ!!! Hit me up!!! I’d prefer a 54, but 55 would suit fine!!!

got this today.

rust isn’t an issue, serial number on BB and steerer. i think i may actually have a real hillman this time.

now i just gotta figure out what to do with it…

ps - packing from this seller was super good.

get it confirmed, have a Certificate of Authenticity signed, then hang them both on the wall…

funny thing is, i think i actually prefer the detailing on the “hillman”… hahaha

spoke to barry at hillman. details are:

built in 1978.
Juvenile 21 1/2 inch (54.5cm ST C-T) frame built for junior track racing.
Reynolds Plain Gauge tubing, so not 531 as stated in the ad. built before Reynolds had 531…?

so it’s legit, and it’s the same age as my brother. i’m happy with that :slight_smile:

531 ore dates this frame by more than a few years, Rolly.

considering i know pretty much fuck all about steel (and all things technical for that matter), i’m gonna nod and smile politely

He he, well done, Junior.

PG just means the tubes aren’t butted, they’re the same thickness end to end. They can still be made from Mn-Mo steel (531). Slightly heavier, slightly stiffer.

Ah ok, I get ya now. Frame is still light, and extra stiffness isn’t a bad thing.

Thx blakey