30ks Commute - No Shower

My new commute is 30k each way with a 3km climb to start the day. I ride in every 2nd day and just towel off and dress at work in pants/shirt. End of day i like a shower when i get home but doesn’t faze me AM.
No one had said anything about bike/shoes/helmet and kit in our communal office… most are amazeballs that i ride that far.

I think the cool down time is vital to staying fresh.

A guy I work rides the same distance, but he gets straight off the bike into the shower and then to the desk, so he hasn’t given himself a chance to cool down. He ends still being sweaty, basically cancelling out his shower.

I come in early, have a coffee and check my emails etc and let myself cool down for 30 minutes, then get changed and a quick deodorant spray. Fresh as a daisy!

My last km or so is fairly stop-start on bike paths/shared paths so I’m usually pretty cooled down by the time I get to my building. Then locking up bike, going to the locker room, sorting my shit out takes a couple of minutes and I’ve mostly stopped sweating by the time I hit the shower.
If the showers weren’t 20 floors down in a labyrinth I’d probably come to my desk first and do a bit of work, but how it is now is fine.

• 1 with Moccos - cool down time worked very well for me too. Usually didn’t feel the need to take a shower. Deo, towel, change of clothes and I was all good.

Also with Moccos on this one. I have a tiny commute (8km) but also like to get in a bit early and ease into the day - gives me time to cool down and I feel better for it.

Sounds good to me. Once it stopped raining again I’ll give it a try.