92 Cannondale Track

1992 Cannondale track (frame nitto dura ace concor) - eBay Road Bikes, Bikes, Cycling, Sport. (end time 22-Jul-10 17:26:09 AEST)

awesome bike! does it belong to anyone on this forum?

I think it might. I swear I’ve seen that blue fade on here before.

Edit: Here’s the original post http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f8/1992-cannondale-track-9582/
Though the picture links aren’t working any more.

ha yes its mine…

What size is it?

ha i left out the one bit of important info its 56 ctc and 58 ctt and the top tube is 56 cheers for that if anyone on the forum wants its i will take it off ebay and do a deal.

I really love your forks, did they come with the frame? If not could you tell me the name of them

I want the Corima front wheel if you’re splitting…

Damn. Corima clincher! V nice.

no the forks didnt come with the frame. The frame didnt come with the original forks which is a shame. i got those forks at a jumble in london and there is no brand on them.

if someone wants a rear corima 4 spoke clincher with a 9 speed dura ace cassette give me a pm. cheers

yeah nice bike, unsure on price.

if it was original cannondale track blue or green this would be gone!

i was waiting for someone to say that and i cant say i disagree. i didnt exactly price it for a quick sale but it reflects how much i want to sell.

If you want it to look original then strip it get a flat crown njs style fork and make some decals up.

congrats on making a killing! honestly can’t believe someone bought it at that price …

I think someone is trying to scam me so it didn’t really sell

… check this out

I won your item on ebay, I really appreciate it, I am an oceanographer and am currently at sea at the moment, i am buying the item as a gift for my Dad, i want to make it a surprise for him,he wont know anything abt the item until they get delivered to him, i can only pay through paypal as i dont have access to my bank account online as i dont have internet banking,but i have my bank acc attached to my paypal account and this is why i insisted on paying you through paypal,So pls kindly get back to me with your paypal details so i can proceed with the payment and after the payment has been done, i have a pick up agent that will come around to pick the item up after i have made the payments for the item…Greetings

ebay member for a day

hmm well if he wishes to make payment first through paypal … seems ok

at least his not making an initial deposit, but agent? sounds a bit dodge …

what are you going to do?

it sounds the same as an example that someone posted a while back (can’t remember who, maybe manbau or blakey?) but the buyer was a dad looking to buy the bike for his son who was overseas as a graduation present.

Yeah, its a scam, they make it sound like you don’t need to pay anything then with there 4th email they ask for a bond or something to get it started.
I just said, send money or **** off, and they never replied. LOL

Oh, and google it.

http://www.google.com.au/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=I+won+your+item+on+ebay,+I+really+appreciate+it,+I+am+an+oceanographer+and+am+currently+at+sea+at+the+moment,+i+am+buying+the+item+as+a+gift+for+my+Dad,+i+want+to+make+it+a+surprise+for+him,he+wont+know+anything+abt+the+item+until+they+get+delivered+to+him,+i+can+only+pay+through+paypal+as+i+dont+have+access+to+my+bank+account+online+as+i+dont+have+internet+banking,but+i+have+my+bank+acc+attached+to+my+paypal+account+and+this+is+why+i+insisted+on+paying+you+through+paypal,So+pls+kindly+get+back+to+me+with+your+paypal+details+so+i+can+proceed+with+the+payment+and+after+the+payment+has+been+done,+i+have+a+pick+up+agent+that+will+come+around+to+pick+the+item+up+after+i+have+made+the+payments+for+the+item…Greetings

Same story, obv a scam
http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/New-To-Ebay/Is-Buyer-Scaming/510237410&

So if he sends you the payment through PayPal, what’s his next step in the scam? To claim your item was dodgy and get his money back and try to keep the item?

Edit: story here

I am not to sure i guess someone comes and picks it up and then the card the pay pal payment was on get cancelled most likely stolen and then the whole thing gets reversed i dont know i have written him back but i kinda doubt he will respond.

Wait tell him you’ll set the courier up cause you have a friend in the business or something and can get it cheaper.
Tell him it has been sent off, fake some documents till he pays(maybe you have something posted), then collect the money.