About to pull the trigger on a Wolverine -

Paul Klampers are fuggin amazing mech disc calipers. Pricey but easy to adjust & im loving the feel in both wet and dry. Running it with Ultegra 11. Just rode them in the most horrendous weather for nearly 2 weeks in the Japanese Odyssey and they performed flawlessly, especially in the long wet descents.

You gonna have this bike set up for the Snowy 1000 ride?

I do like the sound of Klampers, putting them on the ‘would be nice’ shopping list.

Yea, hoping to have it for Snowy 1000.

Any word on when?

Black is the new orange

New design i.e. Mk3?

Mk 1 had split rear dropout - failed Gates belt drive flex requirements
Mk 2 had split seat stay - meets Gates belt drive flex requirements
Mk 2.1 had black added as a colour
Mk 3 = ?

Errrrrr… No. But it should totally work. Hmm… I have a spare Centaur groupset kicking around.
Do you have a Campy tripe chainset? Which front mech?
New Potenza rear mech means 11-32 11sp cassette. Paul Klampers…

But when I say it should total work that’s for Evo 2 hubs with a Campy freehub from a Mono RS hub.
I haven’t bought any Evo 4 hubs yet but it will be soon to be able to so SRAM/Shimano 11sp & disc.

I did not know this, thanks Geoff. Unlikely to run a Gates setup but still good to know.
More likely to run Rohloff XL and Gate on Soma fatbike,

I think I may have been reading between the lines, but it makes sense. Belt drive and Rohloff required changes to the frame.

Ok, cool good to know. Was mostly wondering. Probably going to stick with DT Swiss 350 for now cause well recommended and lots cheaper.

I have Campy Record triple crankset with matching front/rear mechs. I’ll take the inner ring down to 24. Mixed reports on shifting down this far, but i’ll give it a go, TA chainrings are so cheap. Might get the Miche 13-30t cassette.
Toyed with the idea of cobbling together Athena 11sp shifters/mechs and Potenza cassette, but can’t find the silver stuff anywhere anymore.

What era Centaur have you got? Made the mistake of giving one groupset away and selling another for peanuts a few months ago.

Pre-QS Centaur (silver) Ultra Torque & square taper cranks which is earmarked for a Clamont steel roadie.
Post-QS (black) for the Beardman, will run Sugino sub compacts & 12-30 cassette - medium cage rear mech.

“soon”
yeah its not much to go on…

frame only. seperate selection of 3 forks to pick from with different sized holes in them.
dont know what/if anything theyll change for the actual frame.

3 forks! Wonder if there’ll be a low-trail option.

yeah I probably will, just want get the gum hoods again and I haven’t gotten around to it, I’m pretty sure I saw a set on instagram with drillium blades, but they could have been custom, the BB7-SL are easy to adjust and I’m happy with the lever feel, I’ve ridden them in some terrible weather on and off and they performed great, especially in the long descents, but hydro won’t fade out like mech does, and I don’t want to be tuning brakes all weekend, I just want to ride man

Stoked for you Mouchard. But yeah, oreeeeenj ftw

If there are three forks then yes. Soma have added more low trail forks to the current lineup.

I bought a low trail fork for the Extra Smooth which was a little too tall. They have since released a slightly short version which should also use the same brake as the matchy matchy fork for the frame.

don’t reckon trail has changed, just thru axle compatibility.

Done, ordered. Finally got something after months of deliberating.

Now that I have a lot less money, this is where I might take the build -

11sp Athena shifters and rear derailleur + 650B or 700C wheelset + Shimano 11 speed cassette.

The reports on mixing and matching 11 speed are all pretty good, and it opens up hub/complete wheel options. I figure there’s no point in going to the trouble of finding a specific hub, then buying a new freehub just to run a 13-29 Campy cassette again. Might as well open up gearing options too.

I might not bother with a custom built dynamo setup for the moment, and just run a sturdy wheelset for the Hunt 1000 and do the dynamo thing next year.

Hopefully I can find some stuff in good secondhand condition.

I’m glad you went orange.

Shimergo 11/9 and I think 11/10 with Shimano RDs might be doable too eh. Either way, maybe subcompact double rather than triple?