american FIXED GEAR wank words

recently i have noticed a disturbing trend of fixters using hip american words when we have our own words already that serve the same purpose

a couple of examples that come to mind with great speed are :

RATTLE CAN - its called ‘spray paint’ - you don’t rattle can something, you paint it
BEATER - no, a beater is a faded blue singlet. you are referring to a ‘dunga’ or a ‘boonga’ or a ‘pub bike’
DOPE - ‘good’
DROPPED - ‘arrived’
DECK - ‘cool’ i always thought a deck was a part of a boat or where you have a bbq

who’s got more, or am i the only one

i will add them to the above list so we can construct a ‘dictionary of the fixter’

Pub bike is fine, but I’d rather use the American ‘beater’ before I made myself sound like a complete bogan and used dunga or boonga.

What? I rattle-canned my beater and now it looks HELLA dope.

fo’ sho’.

This will end badly…

i spray canned my boonga and now it looks good.

just dosnt work for me :expressionless:

no, you painted it.

Beater’s are usually white, if you’re talking about American slang.

this definitely not a phenomenon exclusive to the fixed gear community…

i always considered a “beater” to be a piece of shit anything (car, bike, board…)?

and lets face it, aussie slang can be foul at the best of times.
i’d be more concerned with trying to get people use “fuck” and “cunt” less than 4 or 5 times in every sentence or maybe having people learn how to spell properly?

just outta interest, what’s wrong with adopting foreign words?

+1

and what the fuck is ‘dunga’?? never fukn heard of it. And last i heard, ‘boonga’ was a racist term for Indigenous folk.

i would prefer to use international terms than jingoistic rubbish

I think you’ll find you use more foreign* words than you care to realise

Itself a foreign* word

**Itself a foreign† word

†Itself a foreign†† word

††Itself a word from another country

well, next we will be letting them ‘foreigners’ into our country!

Just quietly, using the Term “beater” or “wife beater” when referring to a singlet(faded blue or otherwise) is an americanism in the first place. Using beater in reference to a car or bike predates the term wife beater anyway.

sorry alex - couldn’t help myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nikcee has the best post in this thread!
We grew here, you flew here!
Lolz at white asstralia.

[quote="erle "]

Just quietly, using the Term “beater” or “wife beater” when referring to a singlet(faded blue or otherwise) is an americanism in the first place. Using beater in reference to a car or bike predates the term wife beater anyway.
[/quote]I am not a fan of “beater/wife beater” in reference to the blue singlet. They were “Jackie Howe’s”, when I was growing up.

we called them ‘tradie rags’ when i was growing up

looks like ive touched a nerve with the fixters… awww poor little things youll just have to rattle can your beaters matte black to match your dope jeans now

correct me if i’m wrong here, but it’s all of the same language regardless… y’know, english?

are you just upset that you don’t have a pair of dope jeans? is that what this is about? we can help you out with that if you like. :wink:

But seriously, your a whiny bitch.

also, inb4 thread lock :slight_smile: