another day another Ken

maybe just the chrome?

maybe, but i personally don’t think so

He is selling some stuff over on BNA as well.

BNA - Australian Cycling Forums • View topic - Wts- aust. Vintage bikes & some parts. Bottecchia

that fork looks cracked, maybe thats why he chose to ebay it?

Just gets better and better- not only is the guy dodgy, but the frame is cracked! What next??

i heard he take the skin off his kfc and discards it…

this guy is a dead set piece of shit

BNA history suggests he sells some decent bikes.

perhaps someone could contact him & ask.

I would,but I have no interest in purchasing it,so cbf

have done so.

i asked him, he said it wasn’t a crack but i’m not totally convinced…

Request a good (macro) photo of the dropout with the wheel out?

excellent suggestion! will do so.

If seller is malkeen to do so, avoid purchasing.

he won’t take any more photos of the bike. don’t think i’ll be bidding.

Dude seems like a la hooser

How to make someone suspicious about an item- “Er, no I won’t be taking anymore photos”.

What a dick

Ackshully. I just clicked through and looked at the photos. Seems like it could just be flaking clear / topcoat.

yeah, he was kind of rude about it too.

blakey - is it worth bidding on? i’d appreciate any expert advice here. i’m pretty confused.

Seller sounds like a dick, so if there is a problem you may struggle with compensation (although paypal sides with the buyer nearly 100% of the time, and you have written evidence from the seller stating no crack). You could also arrange for a FOA deputy to collect, and if it’s a crack, then walk away without paying or collecting.

That said, it does look like a bit of flaking paint casting a shadow, and the RHS fork blade provides supporting evidence. And how often to fork dropouts crack? Rear yes, front, not so much.

Worst case, you get someone to replace the dropout, or get a chrome replacement fork.

It’s a calculated risk.