Another one of those "not really a bike things"

This is pretty much the car of my dreams, though I’d ditch the 33/34 grill and go for a 60’s show rod style custom front.

FORD 1936 5W COUPE OLD SCHOOL HOTROD - eBay Pre-1940, Collector Cars, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-May-10 21:11:25 AEST)

If this goes for $25000 it’s a steal.

Who else here dreams of large V8’s(or small ones in this case) and miles of chrome?

Would love a 50s F100 with a current efi v8, lowered just enough to look good without reaching the tryhard airbagged minitruck limit.

Oh and a GT350H Mustang (replica so I dont feel the need to baby a priceless classic).

2 wheels too many Erle!
give me a Vincent twin in a Fritz Egli frame for the ultimate bike.
I’d make do with a Rickman Z1000 though (if some one’s got one sitting ina shed under a tarp…)
shit…I’ve got to rebuild one of my mo’bikes and get riding again…

Woah I hear you man I wish I had the money for that cause that definately is a steal for that price. And I would not change a thing on it, It is perfect.

This was on a hot rod forum im a member of, guess it explains the price

Still, it’s a pretty good start point, plus it’s got history. I’m glad to see there is someone else on here who appreciates the finer things in life!

Yeah dont get me wrong I love it. I just cringe when I heard the body is welded to the chassis. I would still pay it if I had the money but would definately be getting the body off first thing then who knows. Wish I had the money to buy a steel car like this, got everything else I need to build it.

That is a bit of a worry. I was all set to build a slant six powered A Model roadster pick up in '05, but got the travel bug and cars got put on the back burner. I’m working with a guy who’s building a 25 Dodge roadster and I’ve got the hot rod bug again. There was an A roadster pick up body/chassis on ebay a few weeks back for $5000 or so. It seemed to be a good deal.

There is a fair bit of good steel stuff around cheap if you keep an eye out but my favourite stuff is fords from a similar era to the one in the ebay ad. Bit out of reach for me at the moment.
I had an old zephyr I regret selling and a few other nice cars but nothing older then the fifties.

What do you do for work? check out ozrodders.com forum if your interested. Lots of old timers and some stuff gets a little annoying there but easy to look past if your interested in that stuff.

Anyone read Rodder’s Journal? I’ve bought a few issues in the past, but for Xmas I got a subscription from my girlfriend.
There are some ridiculous cars in there, from both a modification and also a historical point of view.
I’m hyped on anything that is old and low, with minimal chrome and no silly modern wheels.

Time for a hotrod sub forum!

Yes, I buy Rodder’s Journal, it’s about the only subscription I have. As you say, there are some ridiculous cars out there!

Also, those flathead engines sound amazing, but unfortunately I haven’t built one yet. I’m hoping to sell a 302 Cleveland for something a little more old-school, perhaps a Ford sidevalve engine. I don’t have a car to put it into, but we just seem to accumulate engines around here!