April 14th-17th

It’s up to you guys really - I’ve got a strong feeling I won’t make it, so I’d hate to call shots and then not be there - I’m just throwing that route out there as an option, because I reckon it’s probably a bit more safer* and enjoyble for a large group. - you could always keep the meet spot and head down Bell and then down Burgundy st. Up to you guys really.

• (except for that roundabout coming into Eltham - be on your toes there!)

Meeting place sounds good to me wjwat1. Thanks for the link Chaz. I’m really looking forward to this now.

Corner of High St and Westgarth it is then.
I’ve been talking to the guys at Borsari cycles - they also recommended heading out the Kangaroo Ground way - Mt Pleasant Rd?
Weather forecast looks pretty much perfect too.

Done. Alright everyone, you heard the man. Leaving at 7am at High st/Westgarth. And all try to remember the way out!
Is everyone still coming? Would be good to know who is so we aren’t hanging around for people that aren’t turning up.
Maybe we can hit up 99 problems afterwards for a quick lycra based beer.

I’ll be waiting at the cnr of Chandler Highway and Heidleberg Rd - will be on a red and black carbon Merckx - from 7.10am.

Just head down Westgath St and at the end turn left into Heidleberg Rd and keep heading along that road away from the city.

Will, I know the route out to Heidleberg park, Banyule, Rosanna, Eltham and the route out through Mt Pleasant Rd so I can act as tour guide - make sure you bring your climbing legs.

See you then.

Stu

I am in and super stoked.

Confirming my attendance and slightly terrified.

In, bring yer arm warmers I’d say.

Will be there, on the fixed gear. Hopefully I don’t slow you guys down at all.

Just got home. Don’t think I’ll make it.

soft^ 3 hours sleep is all Thatcher had

yeah chaz, you too could fuck up an entire country! get on it!

Yeah, just gotta keep it slightly under two pints.
YouTube - Slightly less than two drinks (cut from That Mitchell and Webb Look S04E04)

Lovely ride, and great to put a few more faces to names. Hope this convinces Alex to move down here. Thanks everyone.

Yeah that got rad pretty quickly…
Big fan of Melbourne/Melbourne people. Thanks for the ride, glad it all worked out nicely.

Yep Great morning out, ace to meet you all.

Here’s the strava link, KOM on Kinglake 2nd climb. Take that internet.

Bike Ride Profile | Kinglake w FOA krew near Ivanhoe East | Times and Records | Strava

Also I totally owe someone for beerz, next time. Cheers

max speed 95.9kph? wtf!?!

Great ride with a great bunch if guys. Extra credit to etomato doing it ss and p-dub for doing it fixed, big effort guys. These should definitely happen more often.

yeah something weird happens with the speed in from the garmin, on the connect site it says 78kph.

Sub 20 on kinglake. Nice. I pbd it and you guys still made me look slow.
Thanks for a great ride everyone. How did the pics turn out Stu?