Around the Bay

Now now Des :wink:

Thats what i’m talking about

haha. damn newbs. I used sheldon’s calculator to work out inches and there is input for cranks which i assumed was required.

shows how little I know :wink:

I wouldn’t worry about it. Apparently I don’t know the difference between circumference and diameter.

But I’m pleased to know that once again, the answer is pie.

Hahahah, Are you sure you’re not Adam Spencer? What with all the maths humour?

ATBIND- who’s doing it, and what distance?
Am I going to have some buddies to ride the 250KM with, or will I be a loner? :frowning:

I was thinking of doing it fixed, but frankly I don’t think my knees would hold out…

still doing 250. getting less sure about doing it fixed. i’m still having achilles problems so I think the roadie my be a better bet but we’ll see.

Ditto.

Okay- I finally signed up for the 250KM… bloody expensive! What do you actually get for $125.00? :evil:
-Most-expensive-ride-ever!

Those jerseys sell pretty well on ebay.

Well they can stick the jersey, lunch and the promo shit, but if you sign up now do you have to pay for the ferry ride or is that included?
Still haven’t decided…It’s either that or Tassie…or both…or I’ll just stay in bed those days :expressionless:

I have a M-Q-F-S-M ticket available for $50 sans jersey if anyone wants a ferry ticket

Have fun tomorrow folks!

Did 210km M-Q-F-S-M with workmates yesterday. Bodged the Soren Son back into a geared bike with a 7sp wheel and 8sp barcons (indexed perfectly with Sheldon’s alternate cable routing on the derailleur. Barcons rock!)

Saw two SSers, one on a nice baby blue frame with honey brooks & saddlebag, one on a fluoro orange/yellow motobecane with a spaced cassette wheel.

Not too many muppets causing havoc considering the size of the ride, but did witness one nasty stack 10km out of Sorrento.

How was the 250km fixed effort?

Permits for road access ie westgate bridge and freeway, and road closures ie queenscliff, sorrento & city, route signage, extra police (all that shit has to be paid for), lunch, ferry crossing, a chunk goes to the Smith family, AND you get that swanky jersey to keep!!

Saw that one resting around Dromana somewhere. Anybody else see the old dude on the red hillbrick pista? Big bloke, had to be at least 60, legs all gnarly with varicose veins. Blew past my bunch up the first hill after geelong. I dips me lid.

how did everyone cope with the heat?

I worked and lets just say, bike shops arn’t exactly busy the day of this ride.

I was able to make lots of add on sale of bidons on saturday! muahahaha.

Didn’t think the heat was too bad… I was in a UniMelb group. We had a free massage and lunch at the end. Rode home, had a couple of beers and went traight to bed. I was fucked… and i only did the 50.

All round great day. Nice to see O’Grady - why aren’t i that fast

Yeah it was a great day with perfect weather and a tail wind about 90% of the way. Thanks to the guys (Horatio, Omar, Cressida, Nathan and Nick) for having a great group and helping us all get across the line.

What time did you guys finish? I ended up doin First Aid at the Jayco Herald Sun at Kings Domain, downed a few liters of water just standing around so I could just imagine how much you guys would have needed!