Audax looking for a new logo

http://audax.org.au/public/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=332&Itemid=1

Last week Consumer Affairs Victoria approved the new club name so we are now officially known as Audax Australia Cycling Club Inc.

Following on from the change of club name, the National Committee is seeking ideas for a new club logo.

The design brief for the new logo is quite simple. It should indicate that the club is associated with cycling and, ideally, is Australian. If the words Audax Australia or the full club name are not an integral part of the logo, Audax Australia will need to appear with the logo in an aesthetic manner.

The logo should be suitable for use on brevet cards and club documents (ie reproduction in black & white rather than just full colour) and on a club jersey either as a primary or secondary feature or perhaps a medallion or cloth patch.

The committee is especially interested in ideas. The execution doesn’t need to be of the standard of a professional graphic artist. Favoured designs making it to the short list may submitted to a graphic artist for refinement.

The prize: If your design is selected you will win free Audax Australia membership for the 2009/10 year along with a free ‘new design’ club jersey.

Who can enter: Anyone

Competition closes: Monday 13 April 2009

Entries: email to the President.

The Committee looks forward to receiving your entries.

Garry Armsworth
President, Audax Australia

Free Audax membership for a year, and a jersey … this place is teeming with graphic designers, real and imagined, have a crack. They even opened it up to amateurs … bless 'em. It should feature facial hair of some description rite? And large rear red lights etc

essentially its $60 and the chance to look like this guy.

not sure thats a good deal.

You’ll need both a primary beard and a backup beard in case the first one fails. Abbotsford sell them.

No, the comp is open to anyone, and they get a year’s membership and a jersey with the new logo on it if their logo or concept is used.
Read -> Comprehend -> Post. It’s a rare occasion I get to tell someone else that, so thanks :slight_smile:

The prize: If your design is selected you will win free Audax Australia membership for the 2009/10 year along with a free ‘new design’ club jersey.

Who can enter: Anyone

i think it is you that fails to comprehend muchacho.

good luck to them.
i hope they get a nice logo.

i think it is you that fails to comprehend muchacho.

lols. Good work.

+10

Best post in this thread.