Aussie custom 531 10sp

I picked this bike up the other day.

Frame and Fork : Lennie Rogers, Full 531 butted tubeset, gipiemme dropouts
58cm seat x 56cm top
Shifters and derailleurs: Suntour cyclone
Brakes: Suntour superbe, non-aero
Crankset: Sugino mighty
Wheels: Campagnolo Record low flange hubs, some spokes, araya and sun rims.
Freewheel: Suntour Winner Pro 5 speed
Stem and bars: Cinelli
Headset: Campagnolo
Seatpost: SR royal
Saddle: Huracan (spain), vinyl, yellow

I’ve never seen someone sell a bike that they loved so much as the guy selling me this… Bigger pics at www.flickr.com/photos/johnopower

Can you take some more close ups of the frame? Looks amazing, beautiful lugs.

thats real nice man

Wow !!! Very nice.

I’d almost certainly say that it was built by Jim Bundy. He built most of Rogers’ frames during this era.

PM me if you live in Sydney … I’d like to get a look at this in person and could better verify.

BTW… keep it. I know that it’s a well balanced and nice riding bike. :wink:

Hey Spirito! Thanks for the info… the owner told me that it as built by Lennie’s son, maybe his name also started with an ‘L’?
I’m not going to keep it, the top tube is too short for me, but I plan to give it to my best mate.

PM me with a link for pics or even an email address and we can get some more detailed pics emailed to me … especially the lugs, headtube and dropouts. I’ll try to show them to Jim and verify who built it.

Either way, make sure it is in good hands. I know of one person who is a bit of a Lennie Rogers expert. I’ll let her know about your bike … see what she says.

was this the reynolds 531 road bike that was advertised on allclassifieds recently?

looks awesome, nice work man.