Beardos come to MTB

How much a pop are they again?

my surprise was that someone had made a 584mm tubular carbon rim. But again, evne’s tech easily allows them to make any size rim.

Yeah, right, you have Dugast tubulars~!

I guess you also have one of the first Eriksens and all sort of other exotic bits…

Who the f#$k do you think you are?

For DH tubs, the glue would have to prove itself to the extrem… I think it will happen too, but not before a heap load of testing.

Dugast tubular pictures sent to your phone!!! They are nice, but totally inpractical other than doing races that have tech spares (which isn’t many races in Aust).

I think DH will adopt tubular technology and maybe the 27.5" wheels together. Tubular as less prone to flats, plus the larger wheels size of a 27.5" and not 29er makes geometry plausable.

Who knows, your right…who do I think i am again.

How strange?
Both JP and Rhino joined FOA a month apart and have similar amount of posts.

Yeah, thats a good thought… Will be interesting to see how 27.5" goes into dh. I was wondering about rolling tyres off the rim… There are probably people doing it right now, somewhere great!
I didnt get your pics, but i believe :slight_smile: i bet you didnt get my bike24 box pic, either? My phone is not good at the mo.

Well, we were one of the first to this infamous website

Just sayin… I think the industry is full tilt selling tubeless to the financial masses this year. Tubular’s aren’t that reliable off-road.

also one of the first, just behind Rhino. JP, I cut a Ritchey CrMo stem out of a 199 mtb the other day, sorry :frowning:

• Joel

Ritchey frames are super sweet:

Ritchey Commit To 27.5in For 2013 - BikeRadar

Ritchey is undergoing a frame renaissance, with road, cyclo-cross, 29er hardtail, and even travel-bike options in both steel and titanium.

Adding to the pile for 2013 is a new P-27.5 hardtail built around – you guessed it – 27.5in (aka 650b) wheels for riders looking for a classic steel ride but with the greater maneuverability of the medium-sized hoops

^^^So beautiful!

Do want!

Someone was telling me that a major company were releasing their new range of CX bikes / frames with mudguard eyelets.

Anyone heard anything about this?

Yeah the Treks from this year have removable eyelets on their range of CX bikes. Heaps of others do too… BTW Why are you posting this in a thread about 650b/27.5 MTBs?

Soz… Thought the whole “Beardos come to MTB” might include Beardo fixtures on CX bikes.

check the entry level cx model of almost every major bike company… jamis, merida, ridley, cannondale, kona(?)…

NB: i havent gone back and checked but iirc all of these brands had mudguard mounts. its probably the same with many other brands too.

Wow. I don’t not know that. I assumed that they wouldn’t bother.

All MTB’s used to have eyelets and rack mounts.

Like Nik says most of the mid range CX bikes will have mudguard eyelets as they realise most will be used at tourers/commuters.

Quite a few of the entry level CX even have rack bosses on the seat stays

Not anymore. I think that the Jamis Dragon that I bought (2010) was the last year that had rack mounts. No eyelets tho’ they’ve been gone awhile.

The Trek CX with removeable eyelets that I mentioned above was a top end bike (crabon). Nice, unpretentious detail I thought.