Best Bakeries.

Mum buys bread and donuts (etc.) from this shop on Errol Street (forgot the name). They replaced All The Kings Men haircutters and all their bread and produce is all vegan. Although I’m not vegan I love their bread. I think Mum said most of it’s sourdough or something. I’m eating a piece of their Fruit toast right now and it’s Delish!

The Vietnamese one in Blackwood Rd Mitchelton (Bris) - wrong side of town for me, but I detour if I’m anywhere near that part of town.

lol

Do any kids these days actually ride their paper round or what? All the ones I see get driven around by their parents. My folks complained about having to go to collect the papers off of the people who divvied up the rounds.

Yeh, they did that the one time I went here with you.

There’s this weird little town/suburb about 20kms from my place. There’s a killer Vietnamese bakery there with genuine 1992 prices. It’s like time forgot the whole place…

Edit: the town is Riverstone, and I think it’s technically a suburb of Blacktown. It’s well dodgy.

For epicurious me, bread has gotta be sourdough. Baker D’ Chirico, Zeally Bay, Dench and the bakers working out of the (now defunct) cafe next to Human Powered Cycles. These are my picks from Melbourne.

EDIT: Also best Viamanese Grilled Pork Roll is from Siagon Bakery on Victoria Street. Pies ain’t much chop tho’.

Stirling in SA have a fair on (it’s either the 1st or 4th Sunday of every month) there’s a stall there that due amazing homemade pies…

I’m a qld tradie I know this shit, I live this shit daily.
Best pie goldsteins beef and beer on the gold coast.
Best pastie etamogah pub
Best smokie is montville bakery

Sweets are all about Melbourne,
There a few epics in st Kilda and melb in general has amazing sweets I gain about 5kg every time I go down.

dench used to bake in a factory just the now defunkt Terminus Hotel on Victoria st, used to live near and work there and the head baker came in a bit, few freebies exchanged, amazing bread, one of their secrets was that they cultivated their own strain of yeast, and boy did i eat some bread from saigon, pies were rubbish but i had a few sausage rolls, hard to beat n. lee on smith st though

Havn’t been there in age but Perrymans is an Adelaide institution.

Perryman’s Artisan Bakery | North Adelaide | Home

Cheap pies and sub/standard pastries can be bought anywhere and really don’t deserve a thread of it’s own. Bakeries start with bread … good bread, real good bread that rocks my world. If unashamedly claim that there’s no better baker/bread than Iggy’s in Bondi.
http://www.iggysbread.com/main.html

P.s. Vietnamese Bakeries are always a good fallback imo

Gilbert Street Bakehouse in Thornbury (just near Pearl Oyster) is our local bakery and while it doesn’t have the classic characteristics you describe (kid/choc milk/vanilla slice) etc, they do a pretty mean leek and cheese burek.

all their pies and sausage rolls are homemade too.

Lee’s bakery in Jindalee (Brisbane) for pasties too, Dayne. notbad.jpg

there have been many worse. i’ve deleted five about farmers markets, all started by rolly.

Flour and Stone on Riley st in Surry Hills/Woolloomooloo. It’s pretentious and expensive but the things you buy from there stay on your mind for days afterwards.
Like this Fine Apple Tart.

All the ladies who work there are a little chubby so you know it’s good.

i’ll back you dayne with etamogah, a must stop in on the coast run

wish i’d known this when tmasz and i rode to noosa, went right past it

What kinda coin are we talking here?

More than a fucken quad cheeseburger, you dirty boy.