Bicycle swap meet

For those selling not only their own stuff but stuff for friends I have an interesting concept for you: My housemate Spiro is making me lug frame&parts down for him, but I gave him one condition: I’m allowed to use any and all money made from his stuff to buy other junk for him" - so if I do sell his Tricross, I’m then allowed to buy him a Record track front hub (even though he doesn’t have a matching rear, or rims to build it up on… you get the picture)

Got an awesome find. Campy record headset.
Guy was really nice. Good coffee, good times.
But a small fuck you goes out to the guy who agreed on a price on a frame, friend went to get cash out, came back and the guy was like, yeah, nah, changed my mind on the price, but thanks for your ‘interest’
Inconsiderate douche bag.
Other than that, good fucken times!

Next time can it be in a big fuck off park somewhere so there is room to move about and see whats going on.

feel free to organise your own?

make sure it has good coffee/food and support from the right people as well. otherwise itll be a bunch of guys standing there wondering where everyone is (or not hanging around and buying that one extra thing they didnt really need).

it has come a long way from the first few in the easey st carpark and while the new venue wasnt perfect (i was right where the people logjam seemed to begin), im always happy to thank andy for putting the legwork into setting these up.

Oh boy, I talked a big game about bringing a heap of stuff down and didn’t appear. Let me explain…

Friday night started with a work party, moved onto a mates b’day and spun out of control somewhere near a heavily vodka-infused punch.

I woke up at 10am, drunk and staring at all the parts/frames lying neatly on my bedroom floor waiting to go the swap meet…

Oh well, keep a lookout on the for sale section.

That may have been me. Some dickhead went nuts at me after I reneged on his offer of $50 for four frames. What frame was he after?

Sounds like there was a major tight arse vibe going down

The market has peaked and there are no forced sellers yet.

Cool story, Hansel.

a really nice purpleish paconi frame.
agreed on a price, and when we came back, i think his friend talked him out of it, so he went back up to $500 . .

I’m calling bullshit on that one. 4Sure!!! I was selling the Paconi. J and I never said we’d give it to you for $450 - kev’s repaint alone was $350. Nice try but try screwing someone else next time. Dickhead… huh. funny.

EDIT: whoops just realised that someelse was calling someone else a dickhead. Still, I’m not a douche bag. Not nice to call people names.

i wasnt actually the one buying the frame, and i never mentioned $450 anywhere…
xox

huh?

Anyway. Douche bags aside. I thought the meet was great. One of the better ones for sure. Didn’t mind it being a bit more crammed than previous ones. Kinda worked for it IMHO. Anyway I managed to off load a fair whack of gear and put some dollars in my pocket. Only had a couple of crazy hagglers to say “nah mate” to. Nice to see Erle, Nikcee and Blakey. And hope that grom with the Infinity is having fun with his build - good score on the Mavic Pursuits.

Big thanks to Andy and his missus for putting it all together. Much appreciated.

Have you sold this ridic nice frame yet?

Gitane driveside

Would make an awesome townie like this lower end version:

Gitane townie

Not yet. So on the forum it goes: http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/t20597/

So glad its too big for me, as yes, would make a great townie.

BTW who had that Perkins? that thing was drool.

Thanks for coming, and putting up with the interim location at MBC.

Markets can bring out the best and WORST in people and generally the good far outweighs the bad in the years I’ve been running the swaps. Don’t let some GUY get you down.

Hopefully the next will be a stone throw from my new shop - and slightly less ‘cosy’.

Best bargain I let slip was the Malvern Star Coronation. It was rough as guts, but rare as rocking horse sh1t. Hope the new owner does it justice.

Have a great Christmas ya’ll.

andy