Big Crash SYD

Yeh, was more referring to the policing part of the process. Nice to see the cops went ahead with charges, you hear of too many incidents where they don’t bother, or just give them a slap on the wrist.

A disqualification is a certainty, and the least of the drivers concerns. The charge of dangerous driving is pretty serious. The dpp can elect to have this matter dealt with in the district court (meaning the max penalty increases from 2 years to 7). Will be interesting to follow this.

Wonder whether civil proceedings will take place as well.

Hope so. If it does, the ABC and SMH/Age will be all over it, let the unwashed masses know that shitty driving has consequences.

Double edge sword that: most of the people that read such articles are frothing 4 wheel psychopaths whose mother & father are also brother & sister. We know how those articles end up as a troll fest of epic proportions. Meanwhile the journo’s and webpages for those media outlets happily count the traffic on their articles as positive. Sorry for being cynical but I’ve to feel any change despite the coverage. I hope I’m wrong …

It doesn’t matter what the frothing masses think, it just matters that they see that there are consequences to their actions. Motorists can hate me when I’m on my bike as much as they want, they just need to know that if they step over the line and take some sort of vengeance on cyclists that they will pay for it.