bike culture and australia

just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on which state in australia has the largest/strongest biking culture?

Melbourne, of course. Everywhere else is shit.

( :wink: )

Sad, you know, he’s right …

… but not always!

The Burn has my vote!

reason i posted is because i notice sydney seems to get everything - without wanting to city bash - the bike film festival is going to be showing there and i was wondering why not melbourne - melbourne after all has a stronger music scene, art scene, fashion scene, coffee scene, etc … and from what i can tell bike scene.

i am just wondering why they selected sydney.

There was a bike film festival in Melbourne a couple of months back.

Could be the same festival just reaching Sydney later?

was that the one?

well I believe Canberra has the highest per-capita rate of cyclists in Australia. Although that doesn’t constitute a cycling culture as such, which is limited.

• Joel

I’ve no idea what the numbers are like, but there is a world of difference between people who ride bicycles and being part of cycling culture in all its many forms.

was that the one?[/quote]

Not too sure. I didn’t go to the one in Melb so don’t know what movies were shown.

Roguedubb?

You are thinking of this. http://www.celluloidcycles.com.au/

That was a good week of films.

lats

lats[/quote]It sure was. Let’s hope they get around to organising another.

lats[/quote]It sure was. Let’s hope they get around to organising another.[/quote]

I told Brendt to bring the BFF to Melburn… a major reason not to bring it to Melburn was the celluloid festival - which I heard was great and played many of the BFF’s films.

Take a trip up to Sydney - so what if the coffee’s crap.