Bike Stolen - Sydney 12/11/09

A colleague of mine had his bike stolen yesterday evening , from Sydney’s CBD:

Cream Kona Caldera MTB with brand new Rohloff Speedhub. No pics available.

If everyone could please keep an eye out and call the following number if spotted:

John Cochrane
0417-283-559
Cochrane.John at abc dot net dot au

Thank you in Advance.

Sucks. That hub alone is worth more than many of my bikes. Hope the hero gets run over by a taxi.

I dont like how many of these posts seem to be popping up, good thing my bikes a piece.

I guess one like this ?

what lock was he using?

+1 and a lot seem to be in Sydney lately. :frowning:
Used to be i’d see bikes chained up for days without any being taken.

if you have a nice bike and or love the thing…
you are mad to leave it any where over nite… thats just fucken stupid…’

ride the fucking thing home or catch a station wagon cab and put it in the back…

leaving your bike out side of a bar for a few hours is std stuff leaving it over nite or even a few days is retard shit

I left my bike at central on eddy avenue for one night, came back and some dick had pushed it over and let my tyre down. but didn’t steal it. probably cause my bike ate the dick.

I left my bike at central on eddy avenue for one night, came back and some dick had pushed it over and let my tyre down. but didn’t steal it. probably cause my bike ate the dick.
[/quote]

They were probably looking for the petrol tank. :wink:

before my broken collar bone i used leave my everyday behind QVB. some douche thought it was funny to pour coke over it once. seat was sticky but i think the acidity helped clean some of the grease off?