Bottle cage bolts

Looking at buying some titanium bottle cage bolts for the new road build. Do I want 10mm or 12mm length bolts? Does it matter?

Get the 12mm, if they’re too long you can file em down!

i would go 12mm for rattleoutbuttoolongtoofalloutssake. i hate losing bottle cage bolts. but no, it doesnt really matter.

12mm ones will be heavier - go the 10’s

Righto. Well on ebay I can get 4 x 10mm for $6 or 4 x 12mm for $12. Does that change the equation? Or is rattleoutbuttoolongtoofalloutssake gonna be worth $6 down the track? Probably …

How about some nice stainless steel for 36c each?

WATER BOTTLE BOSS BOLT STAINLESS STEEL :: SMALL PARTS :: BRAZONS-SMALL PARTS :: Nova Cycles Supply Inc.

Yeah but $33 shipping.

if you want light get alloy ones and don’t torque them up more than 3nm they work fine unless your a gorilla, they’ll be cheaper… if you are going for ti then get the 10mm if they are too long it’s a pain in the ass cause some cage boss’s wont take a 12 mm bolt, then you have to cut them…

Hey man, use sticky tape. Weighs like, nothing man.

Yeah, but if this is just the starting point of your titanium dream you could buy all your Ti tubing for the build too and save on shipping. It’s a strange way to start, but not unheard of.