bugs in the face

I’ve always considered dragonflys girls, and blowflys blokes. :oops:

I regularly ride from Bendigo to Melbourne and it is an absolute ‘hot zone’ for bogies at the moment. Good interval training getting swooped by magies and hitting the gas every few kays though. Nothing like the sound of claws on the helmet to make you ride a bit faster.

Heavy. I love the CBD. :oops:

Jeezus - I didn’t drive that far for my last holiday.

Yeah I feel you, me too buddy! :evil:

HaHa, Warny training. If anybody wants to come I go every Thurs, train leaves at 7:10am from Southern Cross. 190kms of rolling hills and magpies.

Swallowed a whole one last night! Worst feeling ever.

(Bug, not a magpie.)

does this mean you’re no longer vegan?

ive never ever been attacked by Magpies. never seen it either, feel like im missing something.

interested, but am unlikely to be able to keep up…

ditto

First bug in the eye today!

got my first swoopings on sunday at near the You Yangs. I was heading back to weribee with the sun directly behind me which means I could at least see their shadows on the road, just before they attacked. I was pushing 55km/h at one stage when the buggers descended on me. bloody scary.

I’ve got a mad one just outside the gate to my place. Soon as i role out it’s on for young and old. He/she only atacks if you’re riding though :? You’d think the walkers would pose more of a threat. I have my helmet unbucled and a hand on one of the straps. When i see the shadow about to swoop i rip the helmet off and give it a good old swing around the head. :evil: given it a clip a few times :smiley:

Which way do you go? The best Ive done is getting off the train at Kyneton and riding the rest of the way, but Im going to Bendigo for a purpose.

Which way do you go?

Bendigo to Lake Eppaloch(?), Redesdale, Kyneton, Carlsrhue, Hanging Rock, Hesket, Mt Macedon, Kerri, Bolinda Clarkefield, Wildwood Rd, Tullamarine, CBD.

getting off the train at Kyneton and riding the rest of the way

It’s all down hill from there :wink:, best part of the ride though.

depends which way the wind is going too eh?

It amazing good fun with a NW wind. You can get the 196kms done in sub 5hrs.

holy crap, 190ks in 5 hours?

was swooped about 7 times in a 100k ride around bright the other day. i may be into animal liberation, but when it comes down to me or the magpie, i’m going to choose me every time…

holy crap, 190ks in 5 hours?

That’s only with a cranking tail wind all the way. The first 110 is all rolling hills but climbing all the way, if you can keep your av near 35km/h the last 90kms is all slightly downhill, that means speeds up near 60km/h with the right wind for extended periods.

I must say I’ve never done it on the fixie, this is all on a carbon roadie with Zipp tubulars.