buy up in osaka?

You obviously aren’t hipster enough Ross- spend more time sipping Macaframacino’s down on Chapel St/Brunswick St (Weekends only) then review your position… :mrgreen:

What george said.

and what Ross said.

You obviously aren’t hipster enough Ross

You obviously ain’t seen Ross’s BikeSnobNYC disapproved ride. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yer I know its a bit hard, I live in the western suburbs…I spend my weekends sipping VBs down at the local centrelink :sunglasses: I do understand the merits of having a ‘turbo’ badge on my VL commodore, but NJS badge on a bike? :wink:

hey look, it must be said, if you have some degree of financial fluidity, that buying a in-demand NJS bike for a bargain price and bringing it back to australia, even if you decide you don’t want it anymore in a few months, is not a stupid thing to do. chances are you can offload it for around what you paid for it, as compared to a Bianchi Pista.

the question was whether it was a good price or not. is it a bargain?

I can’t believe this got watered down with a balanced comment just when it was looking like fun.

fine, don;t tell the guy to buy his “NJS handles”

This post turned into something quite lively. For the record, I was told by a guy that fixes fixed gear bikes that you can either get a fixed hub to suit a road bike or you can “alter / work with the frame so that chain lines up” and use a normal fixed hub, this may have been a bad translation from Japanese, but that’s what I was told in English. Everyone else’s comments were helpful or funny. As for getting NJS parts, when you’re not in the know (as I obviously am) then isn’t it wiser to get parts that are known and respected, simply because you don’t know that a generic part will work just as fine (which, those of you in the know, would know)? Especially considering that the prices are exorbitant. No long lasting offence was meant to Ross, just felt like saying it at the time. As for knowing what something is and what it is like to ride, I rode fixed track bikes as part of training a (long) while back and so I know what they’re like to ride (albeit only on a velodrome track), but do I need to know what something exactly is before I buy it? Where’s the fun in that? And to resolve any future conjecture, in a few months time I’ll post whether I’m still riding a fixed gear or not. Cheers.