Carbon Track Crankset?

These are the actual cranks and pedals.

Yeah Blakey i just put them aside i try not to modify stuff.
But Aaron the stem and bars are gone now i only have Cinelli steel bars
Do you have a headset in it, I might have a Magistroni.

Thanks for the pic Dayne.
I would still like to take the cranks, pedals and bars please.

I already have a headset.

Thanks

Just to throw a spanner in the works … how about this crankset? I think it’d mix well with the Vitus Carbone :wink:

STRONGLIGHT Track 2000 Chainset + C’ring! 165 170 fixed | eBay

Hmmmmmmm nice

Done

Ben do you think these will require French thread pedals also?

I can’t find it on the site anywhere.

I doubt it, they look like they’re made by Lasco, a long way from France.

• Joel

Pretty sure they are made in France.

Pulled from their site

Stronglight Track 2000 Forged Aluminium Alloy Track Chainset - 165mm or 170mm

High spec track chainset INCLUDES 1/8" 48t chainring. RRP = £139.95 - Special offer at £84.95 while stocks last - including free shipping in the UK!
Superb track chainset from Stronglight with traditional square taper fitting. Made in France.
Forged 2014 T6 heat-treated and polished aluminium alloy arms with 144mm BCD. Incredibly stiff and strong.
Complete with 1/8" 48t beautifully machined CNC 7075 black anodized chainring.
Available in two lengths of 165mm or 170mm. Includes self-extracting bolts.
Requires 107mm bottom bracket with JIS (Shimano type) taper (approximate 42mm chainline)

So they say. Still looks like a Lasco or similar set. French threading on bicycles is not around any more, I’d say 1980s is the latest vintage you’ll find the bastard on.

• Joel

I have the full Mavic group that would look awesome on that frame

Nah, Joel’s on the money in that they are standard threading (9/16’) and I’m also pretty certain any standard bsc cartridge bottom bracket with a JIS taper will work fine (probably 103 or 107mm for your frameset).

I think Stronglight still make their own chainrings (top quality) but they have the cranks manufactured in Asia (I thought by Sugino).

In any case I think they would suit, be simple and straightforward to set up and give a little Frenchy flair. Nothig against the older style Stronglight’s dubrat has but they’d be better suited to an older era frame (and need a special crank extractor).

can’t go wrong with a 760* series crank or a silver campy crank for the finer classic look.

• Joel

True … i’d go Sugino 75. Around the era of this frameset the door is pretty wide open.

??? like this?

…but purple

• Joel

Yes. Of all the modern classic cranks I think they stand without peer and would have been period correct around the time of your Vitus Carbone.

I like the look of the modern Stronglights better

Much cheaper, and plenty of sealed cartridge BB options too (for street riding).

read between the lines, the stronglights cringe in comparison.

• Joel