C'dale, what have you done!?!

For many years, Cannondale have put out a very nice DA equiped track bike. Just ask Roguedubb, he’ll testify to that.

Not only have they stoppped production of that bike, they’re now gonna put out this rubbish.

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/cusa/cats/road_er_capo.html

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/CUSA/model-7PR1.html

This is the worst marketing hype I’ve ever read for a bike.

Des

Cannondale make shit bikes anyway… :shock:

No seriously, fuck aluminium and fuck carbon. Fuck bikes made in Taiwan, fuck bikes made in the good-ol-u-s-a. Fuck people who market bikes by quote-ing ‘NYC’ - cause its ‘cool bro’. Fuck them and fuck you if you’re buyin it.

I’m going to have a lie down now.

The bike’s not so bad (apart from the freewheel!!!). It’s just a shame they have to sell it this way, and its a shame people believe it.

Geometry: track VS capo.
Exactly the same, but I only compared the 54 because that is what I have. But in the pics the top tube of the capo is sloping and the rear triangle is all different, which could be down to size differences in part.

The thing I don’t understand is in the marketing spiel about the “root of fixed gear” and it is sold as a single speed? I wonder what they’ll charge for one.

I’d be half interested to jump on one just to compare it, but I’ll stick with my track and DA either way.

Just found this mobile deathtrap whilst on my way out of the site. Then again, maybe the owner only weighs twenty kilograms?

Slingshots rock, and can teach you many an interesting thing about frame design :smiley:

Not sure if the basis of your rant is warranted, without including all the other manufactures that are jumping on the ‘fixie’ bandwagon (KHS, Bianchi, Jamis, Cannondale, etc etc). MMM…let me do some thinking. Make a high-end track bike that might sell 100 units a year, or change the bike slightly and do a shitty marketing plan and that 100 units a year is now 3000. Profit is profit, and being a manufacture you have to market demand.

The ‘fixie’ boom is here and now, and basically everyone would either like to give it a go, or has a plan to give it a go. I agree with you that the marketing is shitty, but I think it would apeal to the masses of the world.

Lastly, if you know of a slingshot frame anywhere…let me know!!!

Think about the difference in hitting a bump on a fixie and on a non-fixie for the first time. You hit it a lil bit harder

Crack-nd-fail.

Dunno if I’d trust it. Nup - I wouldn’t. But then, going on past experience, I’ll never buy a bike built in the Good-ol-US-of-A again!!

Rhinos right though. People want to get fixed up!! And this’ll allow them to do it cheaply!

The thing I don’t understand is in the marketing spiel about the “root of fixed gear” and it is sold as a single speed?

I figure this may be down to semantics…I have come across this before where in some countries they consider a bike with one gear…fixed or free …to be a fixed GEAR bike…but a bike with one fixed gear to be a fixed WHEEL bike.
I know this is probably a case of preaching to the converted, but thought I’d pop it in anyway

First of all, I wouldn’t say companies like KHS, Bianchi or Cannondale were jumping on the fixie bangwagon. KHS and Bianchi were producing buget fixies a few years before riding a fixed was the “hip” thing.

Cannondale had their track bike for years as well. And I’m pretty sure, they sold well. I believe they would have done better if they’ve stuck with the original track bike. There’s not a lot of off the shelf complete higher end track bikes out there which are good value for money. The C’dale certainly was value for $$$ when it was around. Bad, short-sighted marketing plan.

BTW … rumour has it that it’ll retail for US$800-ish.

Certainly not cheap when compared to the likes of the Pista and KHS 100.

Des

Out of pure curosity, how much are the Bianchi fixies?

Agree Des, just playing a little devils advocate. Are you sure that c’dale will not be offering a ‘frame only’ version.

Bianchi’s and KHS’s are about the US$550 and US$650 respectively.

http://www.bianchiusa.com/06_pista.html

http://www.khsbicycles.com/07_flite_100_06.htm

Not sure about the frame only version for the c’dale. I’ve read that they only sell frames as part of their frame replacement programme for existing complete bikes.

I’m not a huge fan of the cannonale brand as a whole, but fair to say I reckon the ‘capo’ looks and would ride damn well.

Check out the campag leavers and brakes, the things would have to weigh two halves of bugger all. Price i heard unofficially bout 3 months ago from the Victorian rep (D.C) was approx $2,000. The spec and supply may have altered this price since then.

it has to be a good thing… (lifetime warranty frame and fork!!!)

did ya see this from their website, it the disclamer at the bottom of the page. http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/geo-72.html

** For proper fit, sizes 48-54 have a seat tube that is lowered 1 cm and a head tube that is raised 1 cm. This results in a slightly sloping top tube. The measured size is from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the top tube along the seat tube axis.

Don’t get me started on Lifetime Warranty from Cannondale. Even if you are a mate of the Reps.

They hide when something goes wrong with their frames!

[quote=““lats””]

Don’t get me started on Lifetime Warranty from Cannondale. Even if you are a mate of the Reps.

They hide when something goes wrong with their frames![/quote]

Had a bad experiance champ?.. :cry:

It’s ok daddys here. 8)

[quote=““lats””]

They hide when something goes wrong with their frames![/quote]

That’s because the warranty is good for the lifetime of the frame. Once the frame is buggered there’s no warranty any more.

Consider this as a notification.