Ceres Bike Shed

tip of the week: If you don’t like wasting time, getting no where and just being looking on my hippies while they only help the girls… dont go to the bike shed

god I hate the people (except the young dude who wears a cycling cap and that blonde cute young girl volunteer) who work at ceres

did this thread really to be dragged back from the dead just for a few more ppl to have a bitch?
now that we’ve established (again) that the old guy with a beard is a jerk (though he was nice to me when i went there a few times, maybe your parents were right and showing some manners does does help in social situations…) unless you’re going to start your own BUG, why not have a long, cool glass of STFU?

now let’s all hold hands and let this thread sink back to whence it came

I went there early in the year, it was my first visit. I just needed a few odds and ends for my bike I was fixing. I’m a student and can"t always afford the prices at my LBS. I strolled around through the piles of, let’s be honest, mostly rubbish, and picked up what I needed in about 10 mins, 2 reflectors, a bell and a chain guard and I headed over to see what the old bloke with the beard would want for them. As I approached him he looked me in the eye then turned around and walked off. I said “g’day, just wondering what I can give you for these?” He spun round and angrily replied “my lunch is ready” Slightly stunned at the rudeness of this I said “pardon?”, to which he began a rant as to how he was hungry and his lunch was ready and if I didn’t know what this place was all about then I shouldn’t be here. What a prick. The amount of time and effort it would have taken to answer my simple question was much less than what he put into being a jerk.