Cheap campy road shamals (black) on Gumtree

Campagnolo Shamal 8/9/10sp Road Wheels | Sport & Fitness | Gumtree Melbourne

i thought these things were meant to be rare??!!

Noob question:

Could I purchase track hubs and lace them to these puppies?

not very rare at all, especially these more modern ones. thats not real cheap either…

earlier model track wheels are harder to come by and fetch more. but there are lots of shamals around, I have three sets, two road and one track, all found locally…

yeah, i’m pretty sure you can. i think it’s frowned upon though. i don’t know why but it’s the impression i get from a few previous threads…

you could… but it wouldn’t be cheap, and it’d be a waste of an excellent set of shamals IMHO.

also, front hub is 14h, so you’d have to get a custom drilled phil or mack.
rear is 16h, so a few more options.

ahhh, ok. thought these were of similar era to the silver one’s that keep getting posted on here, hence thinkin they were a decent price. i knew you had a fair few sets too!! can you convert them as per patch’s question? i’m guessin they’re not worth converting though after your post…??

cheers ben

yes, but there is no reason you would want to. genuine campagnolo pista wheels are not muvh more and come with record track hubs. it would cost a fair bit to buy appropriate hubs and get them built, you would only bother if you found a set of shamals proper cheap, like $200 or something…

Edit: sorry icecream, i took a break from my response to eat dinner, didnt know you’d already answered the question

what do you experts think i should pay for a track version of the black shamals?

geniune black track shamals, not conversions or campagnolo pistas that have been re-stickered?

I’d pay up to $750 depending on condition, but ive ssen them go for more and less than that…

genuine and non conversion…

dont see the black ones very often

yeah i havent seen heaps of them, but i personally think thats just because they started selling them as campagnolo pista, and that there is little or no difference in the wheel itself…

They are the later model of Shamal (early 2000’s I guess)
As for conversion, don’t bother, for a few dollars extra you can buy these:

Thanks for the multiple heads up.

I’m currently building a ride and will post it when I’m happy with it. But putting tubular wheels on a bike I’m only going to use for commuting seems a little excessive and potentially frustrating.

Saw that above style at Sable&Argent but was too scared to ask for the price…

wiggle says they’re $510 for the rear and $380 for the front.

whoa.

Same guy, $100 less…

I just realised this topic is about my wheels. Im getting Bagged out :frowning:

I don’ think anyone was bagging you out man, it started about your wheels but quickly turned into a thread about shamal conversions, as is common whenever shamals are mentioned on here…

only messing man ;-)… funnily enough aAndy Fyx just posted a pair up so i cant be to far off the right price :wink:

RE the earlier qtn about the conversion, re front and the 14 spoke count, possibly could go into a 28 hole hub, not the most pretty thing but get you rolling