Cheese

I’ve been waiting for this thread to become pungent, but it hasn’t so I guess I’ll start.

try drizzled honey and a sprinkle of ground coffee on cheese. esp blue. life changing.

Before my body got old and stopped producing lactase enzyme due to a worn lumen I loved cheese so much.

Our honeymoon in Tassie was all about the B&B’s, wine and cheese. Did Ashgrove and as mentioned ^ the Rubicon Red is great. Pyengana’s cheddar is fantastic as well. http://pyenganadairy.com.au/

Port, strawberries and a strong blue cheese is also a delightful way to spend an evening.

Wensleydale on a slice of rich fruit cake…heaven

TC: not a big cheese fan but…

A friend recently served up a wheel of camembert that she’d baked in the oven for 5 minutes after adding garlic, pepper, thyme, and some oregano. She’d just opened the foil packaging enough to wedge those things into the cheese, then closed it back up and chucked it in the oven. Resulted in tasty goopiness.

I’ve decided tassie is a wonderful place to visit
If i lived there, i’d have to double my cycling efforts as i’d be seriously fat after 6 months of eating local produce constantly

Cracking cheese Grommit!

Before I started working in a deli my knowledge of cheese went as far as Coon and Kraft Singles, but after hanging around for a couple of years I’ve transformed into somewhat of a dairy snob. I’m a fiend for anything that’s rich and creamy like a Delice de Bourgogne or d’Affinois Campagner.

Euro imported cheeses are some of the finest though there are dozens of great local producers crafting some great things. Some that come to mind are Holy Goat La Luna, Tamar Valley Truffle Cheddar, and L’artisan’s Extravagant and Mountain Man.

Here’s a quick shot of the cheese cabinet

It’s easy to be put off by the per kilo price of nice cheeses but the great thing is that you don’t need to consume as much to appreciate it

yeah butter. Indulged a flirtation with artisan butter for a bit but kept coming back to the Lurpak unsalted from the supermarket.
I am what I am.
Back to regular cheese programming.

TC: I tricked my family into coming with me to the Bega cheese museum. We didn’t buy any cheese but came home with some excellent fudge. Also one time made Mrs C come with me to the cheese museum on Phillip Island (not sure that one’s still there).

And in in my course this semester the textbook I’ve prescribed uses cheese manufacturer based case studies.

our sourdough at work usually comes whipped with either maple or treacle through it.

it’s very difficult not to eat it like dip.

Quoting myself here because I finally remembered what that cheese was: Ambrosia.

Excellent cheese. Food of the Greek gods. Very highly recommended.