contador cleared?

I wil be seeing a few stages too, I plan to be in a butcher’s apron with a cardboard cleaver

this is good news

Yes, but it may not be until after the Tour till the UCI gets through all the legal/political hoopla and enacts any ruling of it’s own. Given that it might be a hard one to prove in case it was accidental the UCI may do nothing as it’s already reeling, and a TdF winner caught cheating may do more to damage the sport than they are dare to administer. Cutting of nose to save face.

Now he’s with Bjarne, he’s only going to get better at concealing. Bjarne and Johan make the other teams appear amateur with their doping programs.
If he is permitted to race, I hope he’s descending on the first mountain stage and in some sort of bovine revenge, hits a stray cow. This would fill the cycling community with enough funnies for the next five years.

since mad cow, all beef sold can be tracked back to the farm it came from. again, from the ever excellent inner ring blog.

I will also be in france at this time. will happily throw steaks at him with you

Get together and dress in a cow uniform with FIXED.org emblazoned on the sides. I’m sure you’ll get some sponsors here.
Better still … start a papyal account: I’ll pledge $10 if you take Contador out.

You guys could make a packet of $'s and become legends !!!

If the stray cow somehow had fixed.org on the side, I’d be a proud little aussie to have put in $10 for the paint… Just sayin’.

Contador Not Avoiding Foreign Races Says Spokesman | Cyclingnews.com

come on.

amazing we didnt have such an uproar when cancer man was in adelaide a few weeks ago

I saw a couple of Pharmstrong signs on the roadside. Maybe the uproar isn’t there cos he’s never been officially found guilty of doping. I say officially cos from what I’ve read, the evidence is there, it just hasn’t been pursued by the UCI etc… But we all know this.

yeha he is only being investigated by the united states government for federal crimes, nothing major!

IMO the evidence of doping for Armstrong is stronger than Contador. Problem is that the time that has elapsed since and the fact that if he goes down, the UCI goes with him. Saying that he is entitled to presumption of innocence. Still, no matter what happens with the Fed enquiry he is still a douch for attacking Simeoni and all other racers that broke the omerta.

EDIT: 2 interesting articles from Velonews today:

1. [i]Le Monde:[/i] French agency to share 1999 Armstrong samples with Novitzky
    Le Monde interviews the new head of the French Anti-Doping Agency (AFLD) Bruno Genevois, who took over after the surprise resignation of Pierre Bordry in October. In a wide-ranging interview in the newspaper, Genevois promises increased cooperation with the UCI and says AFLD will share information about Armstrong’s 1999 Tour de France samples with U.S. investigators. L’Equipe reported that 1999 samples tested positive for EPO and were tied to Armstrong, who has denied ever using the banned drug. “Every citizen must answer to justice when approached by her,” Genevois told Le Monde.

2. [i]The Independent:[/i] Inside Contador’s defense
    The British paper’s Alasdair Fotheringham interviews Contador’s lawyer Andy Ramos, who explains Contador’s defense arguments. Among the revelations: Basque authorities traced the supplier of Contador’s rest day beef back to three possible sources. “Curiously enough, the owner of the (supplier) that was most likely to be it is in partnership with (the supplier’s) brother, who was penalized a few years back for using clenbuterol,” Ramos told the paper.

xBBX - Contador’s defence lawyer talks about how athletes shouldn’t have to go to unrealistic extremes - like producing a sample of the Beef! Just saying…

Investigated, yes. And I reckon he’s as guilty as a motherfucker. But he hasn’t been caught. Yet.

LEAVE LANCE AND BERTIE ALONE!