could you beat anna meares?

Just to clear up a few things Re. my last post…

I am sure that in international womens cycling all of the ladies I mentioned have done very well indeed however I remember seeing them often on training rides/bunches etc. and they were all quite rude and most of them seemed to think that we all owed them something.

I was training with Belinda Goss when she first moved to Victoria from Tasmania and she was a really nice person and once she started doing ok you would be lucky if she even said “hello”.

I remember doing the Warrnambool a few years ago and Olivia Gollan was sitting mid field telling us all what to do and how to ride our bikes, what wheel to hold etc. etc. and everyone was just laughing at her.

As a minority in a male dominated sport I understand that it must be hard for women in many ways although at the same time people need to be responsible for how they conduct themselves in order to be taken seriously.

Myself included.

I am honestly not trying to make people upset although it does annoy me to hear about how great some people are just because they are on television and winning big races.

If I knew Lance Armstrong and he was rude to me I would take the piss out of him also if I had the chance.

I think this forum is for placing different ideas and points of interest, it would be a shame if it were to become some type of communist message bank where everyone shared the same ideas and typed ‘nice’ posts all the time.

I hope this helps to calm everyone down…

i was going to write some long, wordy response, but instead i’ll just reiterate my initial suggestion:

block user.

i would encourage everyone else in this thread to utilize, perhaps for the first time ever, the ‘report to moderator’ button.

Alright everybody, put the burning stakes down.

I’d say her wheel was in a wheel bag. You usually can’t fit a pair of road wheels easily in a bag with skewers still in the wheel.

everybody has a right to their own opinion. Even though he is full of shit.

dont be so block happy. mr anarchy punk, smash the state man.

yeah those women should all just grow some balls and man-up a bit hey.
jeez. who do they think they are, cycling is obviously designed for men.

~pressing issues in cycling~

Everything is getting a little intense here…however, I’m puzzled, Titanium, how supporting women in all aspects of society, and then saying as much on a forum, is akin to a ‘communist message bank’.
That’s just stupid.

~posts on fixed.org.au~
~rides slower than most chicks~
~is spud~

yea, i wish women would just stick to stuff they’re good at. like knitting and buying tamposns. :roll:

fixed.org.au

that’s the kind of talk that gets you long-winded explanations…

so, let me avoid the dissertation and state clearly: good racing is good racing, regardless of the speed. you should’ve seen the C grade juniors last week! i don’t care what gender you are - if you’re having a fair dinkum crack you got my support.

and

very few people here could beat anna meares up ricketts point.

pls LOCK thread

Your wish is my command.