Credit Card Packing (because I'm too soft to do it properly)

I think most saddle bags would be ok with a carbon post, just not the Porcelain Rocket one. The clamp is machined from a billet of aluminium, and it’s such a snug fit that it won’t fit over a 27.2 post with one layer of electrical tape in place.

Alex, so it wont work with a 31.6 post?

Just get a revelate bag or a rapha apidura one or ask beardy if you can borrow his revelate bag

Agreed.

This is the setup I took for a two night flash-packing trip with Trigger, albeit in Summer but I had heaps of room in the saddle bag (a large one)

Lite pair of pants, undies, spare merino T-shirt and light shirt to change into at night from memory, thermal longs and top just in case, rain jacket, wool shirt for riding/at night, washed bibs each night. Frame bag for spares and snacks.

I’d only add a lite down jacket and some knee/arm warmers in for winter/autumn really.

Yeh but how much did you fit in the bloody caravan

You got him Adz… got him a good one.

This is my setup for a self supported overnighter in Canberra spring, it rained. I had a stove, tools, tarp, bivy, -1 sleeping bag, down jacket, food etc.

I think a soft bag and a bar bag (just a compression sack with some straps would do) would be fine. Frame bag a bit harder to find/fit properly.

You’re telling me they make seatposts larger than 27.2?