CX ride

I’ve got a great CX training spot in the west… it’s got a bit of singletrack and plenty of steep punchy hills to get your running legs going. Good fun.

Somewhere around Brimbank Park?

i think this is where angry took xcampbellx and i on our way out to merrimu reservoir in december. it was pretty sweet.

hey! those Xs are misplaced!

Nah, we went through Gellibrand Hill Park which, when I think about it, could make an awesome cx course. There’s a gnarly section just outside the park proper that always has abandoned cars and burnt out 44gal drums etc. Good sign that others are already running their own “events” there.

Nope… Past Cherry Lake in Altona, just off Drake Blvd where the Thursday Crits are held. There are some great dirt hills there, they’re great for CX training, I use them often.

so into this,gotta get a cross bike.

Thinking of doing Lysterfield tomorrow if anybody is keen.

When I’ve got my enduro road ride (523ks in 24hrs this weekend) out of the way I’m keen to get the CX bike back out if there are any takers.

To provide some incentive I see that my countrymen have already got their stuff together with a 2nd national cross champs held last year - http://www.cxmagazine.com/mud-kiwis-report-zealands-cyclocross-national-championships.
If they hold the NZ champs in Hamilton again this year I’ll go - its my Dad’s hometown.

We should do a follow up to pyschoX in autumn/winter somewhere - lysterfield?

I’ll post up when I plan on heading out for a ride.

SW

you know i’m interested… (if a little slack lately).

+1000 on a followup PsychoX (Mud Attacks!)

I was working on a legit UCI sanction Australian CX Nationals with big sponsors and TV coverage in an epic location but Melbourne City Council want $100,000 for venue hire. :-o :-o

Dead in the water and I don’t want to change location. . . .

We should talk - might need to be less ambitious for the first one ie an existing venue that would suit (eg Lysterfield or similar) might be a way of kicking the second one off now the concept (and interest level) has been tested.

SW

Location was perfect. You couldn’t do a UCI sanctioned CX race at Lysterfield as it won’t meet minimum course design regulations.

We will talk though.

Also keen as for a ride, have PM’d you re: a real race.

Jeremy

Was going to email this out but figured it was easier to discuss via this thread:

i was thinking about setting up a ride for this friday or saturday (aka good friday, easter saturday).

Morning start (somewhere between 7-9am?), duration of 2-3hrs. it wont be a hammerfest if i can help it. its more fun if you can follow/laugh at other’s lines. :smiley:

I was thinking about following the route i’ve been doing a bit lately which begins at the bridge near studley park boathouse. it heads out along some singletrack then up to the bouley and then goes out along the yarra trails from chandler. turnaround could be wherever but ideally id like to make it out along the singletrack past bourke road for a bit. return via the other side of the yarra (and the various trails) from chandler back to dights falls-ish area.

If you only have a mtb come out anyways, and if you are the right size you can borrow my cx bike for a bit.

I’m open to other location suggestions and timing adjustment.

I would be keen, and would vote for Saturday around 8ish.

Sounds good - I’ve got brand new knobbies that need a thrashing. Pencil me in.

I took Benzy out last night, me on the Cross Country machine, he on the cross machine, and Matt a down hiller on a rad cannondale rize. Was fun. So I’ll come with my MTB. Also, we should ride out towards Westerfolds and do Bruce’s loop, it’s perfect fo CX.

I lol’d

Well since going vego he’s slimmed right down, and is a perfect gentleman