Cycling Study

only film yourself riding the rollers/stationary trainer. watching old tour de france footage.

yes! :lol:

definitely the answer. /thread!

hasty, hasty. But yes, well done Nikcee, you win something.

Damn - nikcee took all the best ideas, i’ll have to innovate

Or on the rollers while watching “You me and Dupree” where Owen Wilson is on the rollers watching old tour footage?

And yes to this… But ride with it forwards on your way to work - and backwards on your way home taking the exact same route.

late to the thread… “We can fix that in post production.”

How about composite some Terminator / Robocop / Terminator 2 style running commentary over the footage?

[b]ALERT: SALMON IN PROGRESS - EXERCISE CAUTION IPOD ENGAGED

ALERT: T/STAND FAILURE IMMINENT - MAKE SMARTARSED COMMENT? [Y/N][/b]

“I need your clothes … your boots … your gun … and your motorcycle” etc

• a bike stock ticker at the bottom of the frame
    SHIMANO UP $1.32 CAMPY DOWN $22.18 HILLBRICK steady $3.00
    with some car stocks going down, or a news ticker, or a fixed.org.au ‘new replies to your posts’ / ‘unread threads’ ticker :smiley:

• a video-game style C-c-c-combo! when you pass more than three muppets in a row … 100! 200! 400! 800! 1600! 3200! … the Super Mario Bros. coin sound effect …

but on the music video idea, why not just dub some MOR easy listening over the top based on whatever’s happening in the video – ie if you’re being overtaken by supercommuters, a bit of Chicago …

Chicago - If You Leave Me Now

…at least they still get something usable

Hey CC, how do you like the blu tac, sticky tape attachmentway used to stick the camera to the helmet? Marilyn was very amused i knew you, i tried to get some beef on you, but no dice. Ethics… :roll:

http://www.asbareasyoudare.com/

oh! premature /thread call! this rules!

(except for the fact you’d have to watch “you me and dupree”)

so meta it hurts.

so painful…

buy one of these

borrow one of these

wrap it in a blanket

find a good jump to use and…

update: get your rollers ready HMC. You me and Dupree is on Channel 10 tonite!

Im so bummed. Riding to work today i rode behind a roller skater with hot pants and knee and elbow gear riding on the road. Im thinking, this is going to be amazing footage, only to find it hadnt been filming. Shattered.

Push the button in the middle until it beeps :wink:

yeh i know. I think mine has a glitch, cos it beeps, then refuses to record. Used the old turn off turn on trick. Works now.

this thread has delivered even more than the fixed-gear movie thread.

HMC - get off the internet and come to evening enduro tonight.

ok, will see what can be done.

And the results are in!!

Findings:

1. Car drivers were at fault 87% of the time.
  2. Cyclists behaved in a safe and legal way >88% of the time (way to bring the average down HMC!)

Cars to blame in most accidents involving cycles, says research calling for new road rules

How long until the next crackdown on cyclists? 3 months?

soz guys!

Looking at those stats though. I know at least one of the six near incidents were mine, and at least two to three of the ‘events’ of the forty something were mine too.
It was a bad month actually…cool to be part of the findings though.