Cyclist to sue Warnie

i lol’d at the reviews…

There is no way we’re going to shell out $25 for the full book, which is written by an apparent maniac/jizz freak named Paul “Fotie” Photenhauer.

What website provides information about Semen Recipes Worst Cookbook?

i bet warnie has this book

has anyone every seen shane warne and Paul “Fotie” Photenhauer in the same room???

as if warnie could write a book

this. also, if it does go to court or mediation chances are the plaintiff would be awarded costs.

I’m willing to bet this will be epic…

despite me still owing E-Lee a sixer, i’m up for this, so long as i can really tightly define my statement…

He fucking better.

If not, I have a paparazzi friend who knows all of Warnie’s number plates. We’ll key/slash that Mutha Fuckers wheels up!

assuming judgement’s awarded in favour of the plaintiff

So, is there a chance he could be charged with leaving the scene of an accident?

I am coming down to Melbourne soon! I expect my sixer to be cold on arrival at the airport :wink:

On subject: Good on him for going forward with the case.

pretty sure the cops have said they’re not pursuing it. and let’s face it; warne’s life is an accident. one giant big fucking bowl of festering snot.

i have not read the thread here and i am only assuming that VIC would be similar to SA in this case… but in the ‘minor civil’ court for claims up to $6,000, you cannot have legal representation. you are allowed to consult with lawyers before if you like, but in the courtroom it is just plantiff vs defendant. like on judge judy. the magistrate decides who wins based on evidence, witness statements, police reports etc. the reason for this is so that everyone can have their day in court no matter who they are, how much they earn, or who they are up against.

plantiff presents his claim to the courts via a form, the defendant has x weeks to put their response forward with another form, then you go into a room and a magistrate tells you what they have decided.

if the defendant does not reply then you win automatically (called default judgement) and you can then chase the money through the courts with another form.

the only reason you would consult a lawyer is to decide if it is worth going to court over, and if you wanted someone else to fill in some forms.

going to minor civil court is easy, and not particularly expensive. certainly not expensive enough to worry about trying to get donations from randoms to cover legal fees.

wade and cycling tips must be quietly stoked that the rapha t-shirt made it on to the front page of the herald sun. that’s quality product placement!

He has George Defteros as his lawyer, who represented the Carlton Crew back in the day. Apparently, he’s pretty good at what he does.

Is Wade a Rapha shareholder?

EDIT- so alex what you’re saying is that potentially it could be Mat vs Shane in a courtroom? That would be hilarious, and you could totally imagine Warnie saying he was ‘only trying to draw attention to both cyclist and motorist safety’, but judge calls BS and awards the cyclist, win! I hope anyway…

Yep. Wade/Rapha gave Mat a heap of shit and got new SRAM parts for him. It would have been Mat’s idea to wear that as a thanks though. Wade’s been excellent about it with no request of promotion.

this does sound like wade’s MO - he does seem to know when to engage the hype machine and when not to. despite his ardent followers, i got a lot of time for the guy.

horatio - wade is the rapha rep, i believe just for victoria (but i could be wrong here).

Great news. This thread just made my day.

Gotta love the Herald Sun comments:

Warne cycled off to court after road-rage incident | Herald Sun

Mark of Gold Coast Posted at 11:09 AM Today

Sued for what? Get a life mate....