Demonchaux Ti Forks

Anyone heard of them?

Looks and sounds French, but they’re actually a Japanese company. Check out the website here.

I emailed them and shipping a fork costs AUD20 (which sounds very cheap to me).

So, you can get a rigid Ti fork that looks very much like On-One’s rigid forks, for less than AUD500 delivered.

Yes, heard of them.

Other than the website, I’ve never seen or heard of anyone using one, online or in real life.

I’ve always had a suspicion that most of the “cheaper” MTB Ti forks are made by the same factory coz they all look the same. Here’s a similar looking one from china. No price list on their website but they’ll send you one if you email them. From memory, much cheaper than the $500 from Demonchaux.

My question would be why do you want a Ti MTB fork.
I have seen too many pics of sheared off Ti fork blades to make me want to consider using one.
Then again you might only weigh 60kg and ride smooth bike paths where they are not being stressed.
Triple goes for using a carbon MTB fork.

That said, rigid is good. :smiley:

Broken face is bad. :cry:

Having ridden dan’s cross bike with a ti Sibex fork… i dont know why you wouldnt.

I’ve seen a lot of broken suspension forks too. And broken bones, but they remain popular.

Then again Cross and MTB are too very different things in my book.
As I said, if you are riding groomed trails that are not technical at all then perhaps a Ti fork will hold up under you. Also if you weigh very little then a Ti fork (or carbon) may be OK for you.
However if you are riding any sort of technical trails and/or weigh 80kg or more then I would probably look at a good quality steel fork.

The other comment I read about some of the Ti forks for larger riders is that they flex ridiculously which is obviously not optimal.

And just so you know. I ride rigid MTB 99% of the time.

That’s still a lot of clams Nick…

How about these, they bounce:

http://www.ftf.com.au/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=669

Why not? People use them for CX so MTB couldn’t be much different could it?

As I said.
Depends on what you weigh and what sort of riding you call MTB.

I’m most definitely on the firm side of hardcore. Most of the riding would be fixed street and mild singletrack - the kind I’d ride on 23mm roadie tyres, so obviously nothing major. Maybe 4 times a year I’ll go out ot Lysterfield for something a bit more off-road.

On a good day I’ll weigh around 76kg, so I’m thinking I’m not in a high-risk fork breaking category?

Not exactly sure what is at Lysterfield but based on what you have said about mainly using it for street type riding and your weight then I would think that you are OK.

It’s where the Commonwealth Games xc course was.

I should add, although it’s probably painfully obvious by now, I know almost nothing about mtb forks :slight_smile:

Demonchaux? Is that some type of satanic cleaning utensil? :wink:

Yeah it’s a bit like a Trebuchet.

BAH! BAH I say! Those forks would look HOT on the inbred - bring on the China Ti!!

These would look hot on the inbred too I reckon:

7" of pluuuush boing :mrgreen:

demonchaux are ultra hot according to my old bike shops owner in chiba.
and for the record he rode one over yeti and intense which he also stocked.
i think they been making their kinda “over-shoot wishbone” seat stays for a v long time… before on-one? i dunno… but i trust that dude and it was a very hot lookin bike he had. i’d get one mate!

Sibex Ti…the only way to fly.

Is riding a 'cross bike different to MTB?
I don’t own a MTB anymore. I rock a 'cross bike, rigid Ti forks, and 32C tyres. Maybe check the lap times at last years Mont TR…enough said.
And I’m 85 kg too…

I’ve seen WAY more broken carbon than any other material in my entire career in the bike biz too - but everybody loves shit (read cheap) carbon forks don’t they…
not to mention aluminium MTB frames…

Not putting shot on you at all Dan as I know what you are capable of but again a groomed 24hr track is perhaps not everyones definition of MTB. For the record, for what Snowflake is planning to use his MTB for, I think he will be fine. My concern may be for riding on any sort of technical terrain.

To answer your comment about carbon forks…No. I personally would not want a carbon fork or frame on any MTB I am riding.