Designing/building a new frame...

Sorta like a reverse recumbent isn’t it :roll: :expressionless:

Clever design … it combines a bicycle with effective male contraception :smiley:

for midgets

ok for some actual market research. just measure up the lengths/angles of any bikes you have easy access to. you hopefully already know that different angles of different tubes make make the ride more or less comfy and or twitchy. it should definitely have a bottle mount and be drilled for at least a front brake.
but seriously,as a designer you should be able to develope some basic market research. the problem is, you’re currently asking how long is a piece of string. that’s why all you’ve got is stupid responses (which btw was exactly the direction i hoped this thread was gonna go, chaps :-P).
When/if you’ve got the reseacrh down to the point where you know you want to make a track/fixed bike, come back and ask some more specific q’s. it’s an open brief, ie a designer’s dream brief, it shouldn’t be hard to work out what you/your partners want to do.

Have a look on the websites of companies like Bianchi, Colnago and BH. Colnago and Bianchi are two of the best when it comes to road/track frame geometry, as they’ve been doing it for so long. I’ve also heard good things about the way BH track bikes ride.
The Colnago website gives you the measurements of all their frames in all their sizes, and I’m pretty sure Bianchi do as well. It might be a good starting point. You’re probably not going to be able to reinvent the wheel in terms of geometry, but at least if you can get a good starting point from a reputable company, you can either use their geo, or slightly modify it for your own personal taste.

+1

Geometry like this, on the other hand…

…might be a bit extreme.

I really don’t like it when the seat tube and head tube angle are so different…
(and that bike ain’t UCI legal - not that it needs to be).

Well im pretty sure that i am, with getting my degree and all after this semester.

and as for The Jams, the reason i asked a vague kind of question is because we havent honed in on a particular kind of bike we want to design, i was just doing some of my own research and once we have finalised the direction we want to head in, then i will asked more specific questions.

oh and wheelworks, thanks for the reply, will check out the different manufacturers once we start to get into the project

Make the bike you want.

Leave it up to the marketing to create the need for it.

A camel is a horse made by a comittee.