Did some body say hill climb comp?

What Is Brisbane’s Steepest Street? Gower Street, Toowong

Watch this space…

Gower Street, Toowong: 1 in 3.2 incline; 17.4 degree angle; 31 per cent slope.
Stoneleigh Street, Red Hill: 1 in 3.4 incline; 16.4 degree angle; 29 per cent slope.
Reading Street, Paddington: 1 in 3.5 incline; 15.9 degree angle; 29 per cent slope.
Nott Street, Red Hill: 1 in 3.7 incline; 15.1 degree angle; 27 per cent slope.
Glamorgan Street, Paddington: 1 in 3.8 incline; 14.7 degree angle; 26 per cent slope.
Eton Street, Toowong: 1 in 3.8 incline; 14.7 degree angle; 26 per cent slope.
Sankey Street, Highgate Hill: 1 in 3.9 incline; 14.4 degree angle, 26 per cent slope.
Prospect Street, Wynumm: 1 in 3.9 incline; 14.4 degree angle; 26 per cent slope.
Murray Street, Red Hill: 1 in 4.1 incline; 13.7 degree angle; 24 degreee slope.
Highview Terrace, St Lucia: 1 in 4.2 incline; 13.4 degree angle; 24 degree slope.
Bishop Street, St Lucia: 1 in 4.2 incline; 13.4 degree angle; 24 degree slope.
Jay Street, Red Hill: 1 in 4.4 incline; 12.8 degree angle; 23 per cent slope.
Broadhurst Street, Kelvin Grove: 1 in 4.6 incline; 12.3 degree angle, 22 per cent slope.
Dewar Tce, Sherwood near Arboretum: 1 in 4.8 incline; 11.8 degree angle; 21 degree slope.
Hampson Street, Kelvin Grove: 1 in 4.9 incline: 11.5 degree angle; 20 per cent slope
Surrey Street, Red Hill: 1 in 4.9 incline; 11.5 degree angle; 20 per cent slope.
Ellis Street, Kangaroo Point: 1 in 4.9 incline; 11.5 degree angle; 20 per cent slope.
Chaprowe Road, The Gap: 1 in 5.2 incline; 10.9 degree angle; 19 per cent slope.
Norwood Tce, Paddington: 1 in 5.4 incline; 10.5 degree angle; 19 per cent slope.
Quarry Street, Hamilton: 1 in 5.4 incline; 10.5 degree angle; 19 per cent slope.

Sounds like a license to evacuate your stomach. Put me down for a check point.

read that this morning too

stoneleigh is just over the otherside of the ICB from my place - I run intervals up it until I spew… tis heaps fun!!!

bit disappointed my street didn’t make this list…
it’s probably #21.

:slight_smile:

you done it fixed yet Dave?

no - not yet. :frowning:
but i’ll have a crack at it soon.

looks like racing at 9 tomoz.

I’ve allowed you a period of grace with which to claim the peak… you know the next time I’m over on the Sonik, it will be mine???

Will try to see if I can wrangle things with the partner in crime in order to drop down for a looksie and a cheer from the sideline

Yes. You about 2 years ago :wink:

http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/t5113/

wicked memory, or did you punch in a search for some reason?

Way to make me feel like a jerk for not getting around to organising it last time Blakey…

I knew Gower St had been discussed before. FOA OG member Rhino went hunting the steepest streets in BNE when he lived there in ~2006 too.

//youtu.be/hmFy8oekxvI

RELEVANT

Man that video hurts me in my uterus every time I watch it.

Amen to that! After watching him walk it off i look at myself and realise how much of a girl i am.

OLD FART WARNING: this post may contain very old references to an age when most of your parents couldn’t even manage two wheels!!!

Hill Climb time trials were/are held a lot in the UK towards the end of the summer September/ October time. While not overly steep the hills around Surrey where I used to live ( and the olmypic road race is going) are challenging to say the least- had a nasty shock first ride back there in 20 odd years.
Anyway hill climbs were up until the mid 80’s done mostly on a fixed- however I being the track rider did one or two on a fixed but then realised the gradients were not constant so started using gears instead, the results were good a 6’ 3" 75Kg sprinter getting into the top ten of local hill climbs.
Now once again on topic- the olympic test race is on this weekend- google search ranmorecommon- the idiots are taking the race through the valley below here and up box hill- which is pants compared to these climbs:)
There were two roads we used for hill climb the first was Ranmore common road starting above the junction of Chapel lane, this was the first hill climb I used gears on, it has a very unpleasant corner in it . the one where this photo was taken is further along the ridge a much steeper climb and a little shorter but an evil evil one- wtf didn’t they let me design the olympic road circuit ???

^ Love the hair Dave, it looks like some of the photos on the back of my dad’s old LPs.

this should happen… i’m still a bit new to BNE so thats my get out of organising free card played though

October… it will happen!

Well i move from the coast to newfarm tomorrow.
Count me in.
Wait is it just one street so i cant get lost.