Dooring on Collins

Bike lane or not. Those fat cats in suits denied causing a collision and left the scene without helping or giving details.

P!N20 2
Zltn 0

if that girl had payed rego it would have helped a lot

Thank god.
A little bit of faith restored.
Thanks P!N20

It shouldn’t really matter. But the rules aren’t clear, nobody is ever really clear on them, and when there’s ambiguity armholes bunker down.

Absolutely. Fuck those guys.

:frowning:

Charges or otherwise, they’ve been publicly outed on the front page of the age as being total pricks… Should be a good day in the office tomorrow.

And given they are on Collins St, which intersects Spring St… I blame the Government.

So this, the mascot cyclist from the weekend in Sydney and the audi ass hat rammer in Brissie within a week, all on the news. What to make of it…

question, what would you guys have done in that situation?

1. handle it the same way she did
  2. get physical
  3. others?

i really would like to know what the best course of action would be, its not like he has a number plate attached to him so i can tell the cops.

If I’m totally honest with myself?
I’d have lost my $hit pretty badly.
If they’d hit my GF - it would have been game on.

I like to think I’d have been super cool (particularly if I had a helmet cam) but I don’t think it would have happened. That rider deserves a medal for being so controlled and cool about it.

i think thats because the rider was a female vs 3 blokes, had it been a 100kg 6ft+ rider i doubt the suits would have acted as cavalier, and probably wouldve seen something a little more physical, imho.

I’m just blown away by the apparent disregard shown here. regardless of whether it’s brought on by genuine ignorance or an acute sense of litigious awareness, the fact they actually don’t give a shit about her is what’s most disgusting.

that’s because they’re most likely chauvinistic pigs who still think she has no place cycling at all.

I have no fucking doubt in my mind that these ₪₪₪₪s are the obnoxious, unpleasant fuckwits that go out for long, boozy lunches, bark orders at the wait staff & then leave no tip.

pieces of shit, all fucking three of them.

Door guy, I’d boil him in oil.
Little fella, he’d be skinned alive and rolled in salt for his impertinence.
The tall guy, a stern talking to about the company he keeps.

definitely look like the kind of guys that lunch at these “men only” antiquated “clubs”

A little side point here and not advocating any retaliatory action:

Facebook comes up with a dialogue to confirm a tag when it recognises a face in a photo, surely there would be a crowd large enough with enough degrees of separation that if everyone got the clearest image of all three chodes, uploaded it to facebook to see if there was a recognised match? Yeah it could be a shitshow but in the hands of the authorities it could potentially produce a result.

This. All else aside the lack of a common humanity is fucking appalling.