Dura Ace 9000

Lighter than sram carbon cranks but thats not hard… Not lighter than any one elses worth owning

Well the 9000 crank will be 20-30g lighter than current 7900 (764g), therefore pretty light in my book. And good enough for most pros to win on.

The dumbest excuses for anything.
The pro ride what they are told. It doesn’t make one thing better than another.
Fuck they’d all be riding razor scooters if thats what they were given :wink:

Garmin Cervelo riders requested Dura Ace, so the team rather than getting a sponsorship, purchased groups for them.
that means they don’t all ride what they are told…

But that’s the point- a pro can win on almost anything, therefore a conversation about how this or that crank is ‘crap’ because it weighs 40 grams more is kinda stupid, isn’t it?

I understand the attraction of weight weenie-ism, as long as you admit it has nothing to do with performance but rather personal satisfaction and one upmanship on your mates. Nothing wrong with saying ‘Ive got a light bike’.

Where they looking at SRAM otherwise?

I don’t think it even looks that crap
Not a fan of alloy cranksets though
I do like the look of a full carbon gruppo.
Any one know what the new free hub std is?

I don’t think there is one - some new Shimano wheels announced earlier in the year were said to be 10/11-speed compatible.

From the rumors I’ve read, there is method to the maddness of the crank spider design:

Weight Weenies • View topic - Dura Ace 9000 sighting?

That is most efficient since the arms support the chain when the cranks are at approx. 3 o’clock, where most power is transferred.

Another thing to note about the crank is the BCD- it is very low meaning it will be able to handle conventional/compact/any other combination you like. Would like to see what’s happening on the back of the DS cranks. That is pretty innovative IMO.
Notice all these options are derived from the same crank arms:

LIKE!!!

I will take a set in 55-42 thanks

Like the four-arm crank idea too. That was floated when details leaked last year but everyone seemed to care about 11-speed more.

34 can be achieved with a 110BCD. Nothing on that list is lower. Has anyone taken a measuring tool in photoshop to the crank yet to determine the BCD?

If Luke Skywalker was a pro cyclist, he would no longer be red leader, he’d be riding DA 9000.

The diameter might be this, but the pitch would be out because of the 4 bolts.
Knowing Shimano, they may as well create an entirely new proprietary BCD/pitch.

Whut?
110 bolt circle diameter is still 110, no matter how many bolts there are on it. The distance between individual bolts will vary, but you just multiply by a different factor (1.414 instead of 1.701) to convert that to BCD. But if they’re non concentric or non equally spaced around the circumference (which DA9K is) you’ll just have to take the largest distance from spindle centre x2 to determine BCD.

That’s pretty much what I meant :smiley: :smiley: Should have written ‘non concentric’

My point is even if it turns out to be 110 BCD, that is a purely arbitrary number since you can never use a regular 110 chainring on these cranks. The BCD of the DA9K crank may as well be 109 BCD, it makes no difference, right?

I don’t think it’s brave, just savvy marketing and effective planned obsolescence.

Alex speaks the truth. Fuck the arms race.

But damn, planned obsolescence can be sexy!

I love you in angry cynical mode … makes me very happy. Tell ‘em all, tell em straight.
Fuckin’ whitey’s !!!

Oh … we’re white too ?!? Whatev’s, don’t let the man hold us down … Fight the power !!!