Elan TT

I’m a fan of the low drop syntace stratos bullhorns on myself. Think the pink Gonz Lab funny bike had them…

To the OP, noice Elan. Have you found out any information about it’s origins? I’ve been riding a converted Elan for the last 3 years as my beater. Seems they originated from Pulteney St in radelaide iirc.

the seller told me it had been displayed in the store by the owner before being sold to him. the top tube on mine has a rider’s name rohde which according to the seller referred to peter rohde. don’t know anything else about the frame. you should post your ride so we can see some pics

Yep, when Pulteney Cycles closed down this was a ‘display bike’ at their big sale… a friend bought it because he knew naff all and thought it was a great road bike, it probably travelled about 250km in the next 10 years. I bought it a few years ago and had in mind a couple of conversion jobs, putting all new front end on it, or turning it into a fixed TT bike, but never got around to it. It probably got ridden another 200km then hung up in the shed… that Bontrager saddle was a mutha. The original owner was Peter Rohde (BPM is the 4th) and I assume it’s the same guy who is a member of Norwood Cycling Club and is Operations Manager for the Crows - I can’t be bothered checking. Anyway, it’s just good to see the bike being used and loved, it’s a sweet sweet frame and very sprightly for the right rider. BPM got a good deal and has done well with it.

^^thanks for that^^

i’ve changed the seat to a turbo, reckon i’ll leave it as is until i can pickup some more appropriate bars.