favourite post ride beer

bogan…

Im not so sure you know what your talking about.

melbourne bitter is fucking rubbish
sorry bro

melbourne is a kool city but…

Im not your Bro.

I love MB. Icy cold in a can, sweeeeet.

ahhh no kidding…

MB still sucks though

These were the bomb when I was over there.

but coopers green on the regular, red if i want to get real saucy. :sunglasses:

I drank so much of this in Japan.

Me and Handsome James buying cheap “big boys” from AM/PM. So good. The Canadian imported version doesn’t seem as nice though.

As for usual beers, every Tuesday ride starts with one of these two beers. Especially because the Exeter do $4.50 pints of each (it swaps when the weather gets warmer / colder).

Summer:

Winter:

Coopers pale

Coors Light

I rarely agree with sugakanye, but he’s right this time. mb=vb=carlton=tooheys=xxxx=shitshitshit

bottle shop in the surry hills arcade has grolsch for $40 today. just so you know. mmm mmmm.

MB is too complex for all your simple tastes.

its about as complex as a shovel.

Make sure it’s brewed in The Netherlands, nothing worse than ‘imported’ beers that are brewed under license.

re: MB versus whatever, i’m divided.
i think there are times when people should just stop being fussy wankers and just drink cheap simple beer from a 40-can-slab. when you’re drinking them for breakfast at a music festival, for instance. has worked for me.

then there are times when i’ve had coopers all night, someone has bought me a carlton draught, and it’s tasted like the worst cat vomit imaginable. so back to the coopers/james squire/little creatures/bluetongue etc.

so i think it’s a matter of time and place.

re: the grolsch, it’s in the fridge right now. if i can actually pick the taste between dutch and australian brewed grolsch i’ll be quite impressed with myself.

I cant stand Coopers, gives me the worst Headache

MB and CB dont.

shit i’ll drink anything as long as it comes in 750ml.

except coopers

cheapest is always best. 9/10 (bullshit statistic) the cheaper will always be the imported one cos parralell importing compainies bring it in so cheap.

coopers pale ticks all the boxes;

cheap, tasty, and easy to get a hold of-on draught or at bottleshops.

Melbourne Bitter is ‘cool’ not good, but it’s a shit load better than corona.

edit: cider is where it’s at, gimme a mercury dry or draught anyday :wink:

so i checked the box and the grolsch is indeed imported from the enschede bierbrouwerij. phew.
tastes pretty good too.
thesis-writing productivity drops to even lower standards. thank you internets!

I agree. I get annoyed when bottle shops advertise ‘premium imported beers’ at obscene prices when it is brewed up the road, or across the border or whatever. A lot of licensed beers are also getting shitter and shitter because the quality control isn’t there. Eg; Stella Artois in Belgium is quite a nice beer, it is rubbish everwhere else.