Fell In Love With A Girl

Nice one Lyndon! Congratulations to all three of you. You’re in for some fun!

We just had a big party for Max’s first birthday - looking back, it’s been such an awesome year - as the others have said, take heaps of photos and just enjoy every moment because they do grow up fast whether you want them to or not.

ROCK!

Congratulations. Nice head of hair… I find bald kids funny looking. Lucky none of ours were or I’d have been stuffed.

Baby seats: rear mount. But not till she can hold her head up pretty well, say 8 months. And get her on her own bike ASAP, cant start too small. Nothing worse than a 4 year old shifting about on a bike seat trying to see past dad’s arse.

Utzon and Aalto I can take. I can leave the rest.

i attached a baby thing like this to my track bike:

i couldn’t really hear my nephew that well when he was in there, but when i thought i heard him crying i pulled over and he was fully screaming, he had spewed all over himself and the cart. he wasn’t a happy man.
anyway, next time i guess i’ll ride slower. or use the baby monitor and attach the receiver to my bag courier style.

oh and congratulations! she’s beautiful

maybe less jumps…

congrats mate, if you’re anything like my older brother you’re already a changed man!!

i think it was the whip skids that did it

you wish!!

Woohoo !!! Congrats to all.

this. congrats.

Congratulations, having a daughter is wonderful indeed. I was having a bit of a laugh at deciding what music she will listen to. My daughter Matilda is now two and it solidly consists of the following - Wiggles and Nursery Rhymes although I tell my wife that she loves The Church, Rolling Stones etc. The main one to get use to is “In the Night Garden”. This disturbing BBC production on ABC 2 at 6.30pm is Matilda’s favourite from Iggle Piggle to Daisy Do. This show has serious drug use written all over it.

On the bike front, I went with the bike seat on the back of my wife’s loop frame bike thinking - “Sweet no baby trailer cramping my style on the Primate”. On top of that you will now be taking with you more gear for the daughter on any trip (be it an hour or a full day) than most German paratroopers took with them while doing over Norway in 1940! Alas this also means, if the senior female in the house details you off to take the daughter out for a ride to give them a break you are doing it on the uncool bike.

Indeed when I found out that I got an entry to the Roobaix this year, my wife suggested that I take her bike so I could take Matilda as well. Enjoy fatherhood, it’s the best job ever.

Cheers

seriously though: pancake mountain.

//youtu.be/YhNbaMJNA50

Congratulations! My sister had a baby girl last Friday. Not that that’s relevant.

I’ll leave my musical suggestions out of this. But Sonic Youth needs a mention.

congratulations mate =]

congrats fellow mcbain owner =D

wish your family all the best!

i was doing some research on kiddie seats as well, and the ibert safety seat looked like the best option imo. Never actually got around to purchasing one, as the wife wouldnt have a bar of me taking our first born on anything on 2 wheels!

Maybe she wont mind as much for the second one which is only a few months away =D

Congrats Lyndon!

Very very cool and congratulations.

and just for you to file in the back of your head the best sound for soothing babies is a recording of the engine noise of a driven car recorded from the foot space .

Congratulations lyndon!!

What he said. Get the rear-mounted kind, My kids and rate the OK BABY ERGON. Sturdy, clips in/out of a bracket mounted on the seat tube. a) you can clip it on/off and b) gives the kid a nice, sprung ride. The fixed rack kind rides a bit harsh unless you’re on very skushy tires.

congrats…family is king. as far as music goes BEATLEs, start in release order and hold out on the white album till last and then when they think they know it all …BAM,BAM,BAM white album their ass good . My oldest was so dissapointed about the sad musical choice at his first disco in year 1 ( asked if presets,beastie boys( check your head), pink floyd would be played and sadley i had to inform their was another kind of music… bad pop,and progressive trance.

Good luck, They are built more like Dolphin Torches than fine china, and you will get the hang of it.

Thanks again everyone for the wishes, support and baby seat advice. We’re all home now and everything is going well.

Violet rocks pretty hard.

Lolz, you knew I’d see that! :stuck_out_tongue: