First build on a budget

Hey guys,

Thought I’d post some pics of my first build.
I had little money and a bit of spare time over my holidays from work and thought I’d build up an old roadie I’d claimed. (the bike I was riding wasn’t really what I wanted).

Anyway, I pulled the thing completely apart and sanded back the frame, polished the rusty chrome, painted it stereotype red and bought some super shit house ‘stars’ wheels.

After riding it for a few months, I decided to replace the origingal cranks with some Bulletproof ones I had. I also replaced the pedals with Crankbikes 50/50 pedals I was given from a friend and made my own footsraps (see thread in the fixed forum).

I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out and it rides nicely.

Grips are Mcneil BMX grips and bars are off an old mountain bike (cut shorter)

Sorry about the poor quality photos.

BEFORE

Oh yeah, 16-44 ratio

Mate, that looks really good, not bad for a budget makeover, looks worlds apart from the original, good work!

Thanks mate. I’m half considering selling it and putting the $$ towards another build with better parts. Can’t decide.

i liked it better original.

I wasn’t a fan of the buckled wheels, brakes that didn’t work, fucked tyres and a few other things.

but it had character!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think this is one of those cases where, the original being nothing special, it’s quite alright to do what the hell you like with it.