.... fit for a King

yeah, apparently there was some ‘to-do’ between their record label (Elektra) and some major department store which refused to stock the album un-censored (it was 1969), but I recall that the label dumped the band, as the stores were gonna stop stocking all Elektra records (which had the Doors amongst others).

Back to the bike: I built my dad a budget version of this with a frame I got off Ev for a carton of coopers. I don’t think he’s actually ridden it yet, and it’s been done for over a year…

such a lovely frame, another i regret letting go (albeit mine was raw). Im kinda sad its gone down the function>form route =(

but it sure looks like you met his specs spizza.

Hudson’s department store was the store in question; the ban led to the MC5 management took out this advert without Elektra’s permission. heh!

It’s a tough one, I have similar thoughts, but at least making it more user-friendly is going to make the rider happy, even if it’s less photoworthy.

It’s funny, all those detail shots look amazing, then the finished bike seems a bit less exciting. I guess a) because it’s a practical flat-bar townie and b) it’s a big size, ad they tend to look ungainly in photos.

Nah … As mentioned I didn’t have my camera at hand for taking overall/outside pics. I will get some better overall/outdoor shots when I get a chance. Pics on a borrowed iPhone are not my forte.

A mate of mine has been hanging down the shop there a bit from noosa, Matt c.
Have you met him.

I think so … briefly on Sat. Is he a film maker or something?

Surfer/creeper/quirky but rad guy.
Sponsored by the guys to surf.

If he’s going to be down here next weekend tell him to get in touch with me and I’ll drag him to the CX races and general mayhem + can hook up a bicycle for him ( I see he’s already on a motor’ed bike).

Thanks i will, Yeah he’s into motorbikes as well.

Very happy to see this built up and getting out on the road… much better than sitting bubble wrapped in a box!

Sweet bike, hammered fenders would look nice but I suppose there’s no clearance.

Fav MC5 song: mc5 - i want you right now - YouTube

on the subject of MC5, this track by The Drones is an amazing piece. (I’ve not heard the version below and sadly haven’t seen them perform it live but oh well).
The guitar riff is taken from MC5’s ‘Black to Comm’ that never saw an album release, some of the lyrics are from Suicide’s ‘Las Vegas Man’ and some of the other lyrics are from somewhere else/original. An amazing interpolation.

//youtu.be/LKjTNUiK1sg

Nice, really nice. Expensive too those Gilles Berthoud saddles arn’t cheap.
Personally i’d go for a downtube shifter, but thats just me.

you know you’re a cyclist when you build bikes for people who don’t even ride…

How the hell did I miss this rig being posted. Yuuummmmmm!!!

Too busy planing your uprising against the mods!

^ totally unplanned attack that one.
Gut instinct (rage) took over and away I went.

If I had planned it this site would look like this now.

Haha bad ass