FIXED Coffee Grinder....WTF

Um, yeah…check it out.

GEAR GRINDER

Then check the price.

haha this is sick

good lord this is lame, 350 pounds!.

Makes sense they are in the ad game when you read their copy:

"Hill said: “There’s a clear, often moustachioed, overlap between those who love great coffee and ride fixed-gear bikes to work every morning. We saw that as a brilliant opportunity. As far as I’m concerned this is up there with the discovery of fire and the creation of the internet in its value to the people of earth. We are massively excited about bringing something totally unique to market.”

Buonaguidi added: “I have been riding fixed wheel and drinking double espresso religiously for ten years. I also believe that hand or foot grinding is better than machine grinding because the imperfections in the ‘analogue’ grinding process creates an unevenness which adds to the subtle notes of the coffee flavour. The Gear Grinder is a personal dream that has finally been realized.”

lol.

pranksters be pranking

We can only hope.

edit: Actually, you are right, this gives it away

“As far as I’m concerned this is up there with the discovery of fire and the creation of the internet in its value to the people of earth”

It’s fucken hilarious. If it was April 1 there’s no way you’d think it’s real. Except that there appears to be an actual working model, I’m inclined to think it’s an elaborate pisstake.

Marketeers be Cash-Grabbing

the sprocket doesn’t connect to anything.

the grinder is a porlex that has the top crankarm removed

I genuinely hope it’s a pisstake, but I’m not sure it is…

Blakeyplz wins the internet. If only I had an intimate working knowledge of hand coffee grinders…

That can be your New Years Resolution.

Something to aspire to.

Blakey debunks entire thread in a matter of minutes… a new record??

You can come around and use mine … they usually just give you blisters.
Electric grinder ftw at my place.

Nice one Blakey :wink:
This is too funny … might ask Kumo to grind out some beans on his lathe or milling machine: I’m sure there’s a market for custom frambuilder 650b pantographed coffee™ !!!

That’ll kill 'em at V-Salon as well as all the hard to impress handlebarista’s the world over :slight_smile:

Electric grinder at mine too. Willing to sacrifice analogue particle size variation for ease of use errytime.

I think its real…as its on kickstarter or something.

Now I can’t find where I found the link…curse you internet.

Quote “foot grinding is better than machine grinding because the imperfections in the ‘analogue’ grinding process creates an unevenness which adds to the subtle notes of the coffee flavour.”

So that’s why my coffee tastes awful each day…

Probably more appealing for bong heads to chop up on their way to bike polo.