Fixed mudguards

Crud road racers are excellent on a roadie, I have a set and they give much much better coverage than race blades but I can’t see how they would work with track ends if you have a flat and have to slide the rear wheel out…:confused:

I initially had the same thought, but once I put them on, I didn’t have any problems with removing the rear wheel. I mean, they’re pretty flexible so they kind of just got pushed out of the way whenever I needed to take out the rear wheel.

Ok, that’s neat. S’pose you don’t know for sure until you try it…

Another option is to get a fender bracket like these: Tortec P Clips Stay Brackets (Pair)

The bracket goes around your forks and seatstays and gives you an eyelet to fit regular fenders.

I just set these up on a mate’s bike with some of the narrow 35mm SKS Chromplastics. He has tight clearances, but they work with a 23mm tyre on the front and 25mm on the back. But I had to fit them with Miche brakes that give a 41-57mm drop, so they’re wide enough to go around the fenders but go short enough to work with the tight fork clearance: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/miche-performance-57mm-drop-brake-calliper-set

I have a zefal flamingo rear fender. Works well

Another vote for crudguards, they work very well.

I’ve got (large size) SKS Raceblades on the CX bike. They just fit with 35c tyres.
I’m using the cable tie attachment method and so far so good. Obviously not as good as a eyelet attachment, but they work. And I get to rip them off when it’s sunny.