Friday Hypothetical #2

Okay. I’m momentarily putting aside my tendency to talk about everything except cycling on this forum.

Friday Hypothetical #2: If every person who’s ever appeared on the tour de France podium was brought back to life and/or form (and specifically to the height of their ability) and then was entered into next year’s Tour de France (which will apparently feature some big mountains for the 100th race) – How would the race play out?

EDIT: I’ll accept three extra riders of your choosing who never made the podium but deserve to be in there.

It would still be 21-22 days of racing with 2 ‘rest’ days.
A lot of people would be shocked that someone had come ‘back from the dead’.
In between races I assume lots of scientists would be doing test on the ‘Lazarus’ rider

It would still be 21-22 days of racing with 2 ‘rest’ days.
A lot of people would be shocked that people had come ‘back from the dead’.
In between races I assume lots of scientists would be doing test on the said riders.

So how long would we give Maurice Garin to learn how to use brakes and SRAM double-tap (and will he be allowed to smoke in the peleton)??

i reckon the 7 lance armstrongs would work well together and figure out a way to win.

(8 including the 3rd place actually…yep wiki).

Reckon he’d do better than today’s show ponies having to carry all spares (bike and clothing), solving your own mechanicals…and riding prodigious distances dawn to dusk

Fausto Coppi & Jacques Anquetil, plus Luis Ocaña, who had some classic battles with Merckx.

For no reason other than I’d like to seem them ride hard.

Current riders Training loads = that they would smash all past winners IMO.

are we allowing riders at their performance-enhanced best?

+1 would be heaps more interesting to have everyone from every TDF podium go back to 1903.

Should be per their podium condition.

fofonov

Contador and Coppi

Merckx v moser. Battle royale

chezx vs mat gray

I’ve seen this, it was a good sight.

1986 lemond v 1971 merckx v 2004 armstrong.
i’d love to see that!

1986 lemond v 1971 merckx v 2004 armstrong.
i’d love to see that!

andy schleck, contador, evans, wiggins, 2011.

keep in mind i have no idea wtf i’m talkin about.

Stoked that this is still considered a thing. The only way I get get close to beating Mat these days is to get him really, really drunk beforehand.