Futebol (ole ole ole-ole-ole thread)

So, pronostics as to how the socceroos will fare? They’re facing a tough draw.

I just hope they play with style and flair. It’s the toughest group so I’m not expecting a 2nd round for them but at the end of the day it’s 11 men against 11 men.

So far an enjoyable match for the Netherlands

Domination for the Dutch. Did not expect that big of flogging being dealt out to Spain.

No one will care that australia lose 5-0 now.
Awesome.

That was one of the most enjoyable demolition jobs I’ve seen in a while. Australia is gonna be torn another one. No doubt about it. Its gonna be ugly. Van Persie’s flying header - pure class.

That game was infinitely better than the Brazil’s win over Croatia, which in spite of the score line was certainly a lot less convincing and as much a result of dodgy ref calls as anything else.

Here’s hoping the wheels don’t fall off the Dutch wagon! Ole ole ole!

^What he said. So many fantastic Belgian players in the EPL. Should definately not be discounted.

Eden Hazard is one of the world’s best attacking midfielders. So talented.

only saw the last 15 minutes, but it didn’t look like Australia were playing with much urgency. were they like that the whole game??

Just caught the Dutch highlights. That was classy. Casillas just looked lost.

yes!

nah second half was super exciting. Lots of good opportunities.

That goal by Van Persie was one of the most beautiful things.

Spain looked like they were all over them until then.

Anyone else here think the Dutch coach Van Gaal looks like Butt-head?

BTW, where’s Jonno???

The Dutch, Spain game was great to watch.

^ Yes it truly was. Here’s hoping we see some more matches of similar quality this World Cup.

Happy the Italians got up in their first match!!!

Yep was sick. First goal was off the charts.

Nope, they were doing quite well. Just a shame they got these two in the first minutes of the game. Liked how they played in the second half.

Germany will make it…of course :wink:

A friend and I made this official unofficial WC theme, in the spirit of the classic Colourbox Official World Cup Theme (which wasn’t official at all) from '86, much better than Pitbull:

Sorry, been on a bender since Saturday morning.