FYI

NWA said it best…

But sounds like its worth laying low for a few days…

i heard they stand on the street corner and call out ‘do a skid’ then book you for unsafe road use

i don’t think i’ve ever seen roadies attempting suicide skids after a dozen beers…

I’ve got a better idea - as the most unlawfull rider of the wednesday crew (no helmet, no bell, velour top) you should discract the cops while we ride on unhindered. To escape from the cops once you’ve got their attention I’d suggest using skills integral to wednesday night rides and lead them full speed down a pitch dark bike trail teatering over the edge of a massive drain.

I’m sure by the time you get to the airport they’ll have given up.

And yet they still crash…

fecking classic

want it on a tshirt

can we please make some?

Man I hate all the super-commuters who ride through pedestrian orientated areas and just continuously ring their bells expecting everyone to get out of their way. I can’t believe the jacks are supporting that…I swear I’m gonna rip off their bells and shove em up their hi-vis ass one of these days. :evil:

[right](apologies to Mr White for the misuse of his images)[/right]

lolz…

I didnt see any police on my commute down swanston, up lonsdale etc today :S

A few on Canning just North of the gardens, pinged a muppet with no helmet who ran the red light, and another helmetless supercommuter. Two more at the Arts centre.

Was that at Canning & Elgin?

canning is apparently the most used bike route in the city. should be no surprise to see the fuzz sitting there nabbing folks.

There were lots of cops on St Kilda road this morning- layers of them. Obviously if you didn’t have a helmet they’d radio to their buddies up ahead and pull you over.

At the rate this is going I’m just going to put a bell in my bag so whenever vic police has another ‘crackdown’ i can just grab it and throw it on the bike. heck knows ive got enough space in the new bag… :roll:

either that or install it on seat tube permanently to make a statement :stuck_out_tongue:

i did mean to put my cowbell on my bag last night… its pretty fun to have while riding through the city, but it does get a bit annoying.

http://www.whitworths.com.au/main_itemdetail.asp?item=43899&search123=horn&intAbsolutePage=1

How else is an ipod zombie going to hear your?

I just got back from the LBS after purchasing a new brake and bell after a stern warning from the fuzz yesterday. My handle bars are so full now. I guess the money I spent now will save me wasting money in stupid fines, I hope.

Don’t forget the real kicker, no reflectors! That’s the one I chose not to do as a real ‘fuck you’ to the man.

This whole thing is just fucking pathetic. For one, why are cyclists being demonised? “Cyclists can run, but they can’t hide”. Who the fuck is running? If they were running, they wouldn’t be so easily ‘captured’ riding down the busiest bike lane in the city, or the busiest artery into the city.

And secondly, where’s the logic? There’s a 10% rise in the number of cyclists being taken to hospital, so the people you target in your crackdown are the cyclists? What about the people who cause the most danger to cyclists, the terrible fucking Melbourne drivers. Oh no, that doesn’t make sense. Or maybe it’s just in the too hard basket.

If there was a 10% rise in the number of people being mugged, would the police be out there stopping people walking and giving them mace, or would they be targeting the people who are DOING the mugging. Tough one.