General bike tech tips- Do's and Dont's

So the moral of the story is to wear a condom when working on bikes with your penis

I’ve learnt that I disagree with 45% of the original post.

Care to elaborate? :evil:

When I get home tonight after bunch ride. Just about to bail from work.

The below is strictly just my opinion, everyone has different opinions through different experiences. Not right or wrong either way.

I’ve NEVER had any problems with SRAM chains. I use them with out fail on my track bike and mtb

I’ve never had any problems with these tubes at all, I believe it would be a tyre of installation problem.

Never had any problems with alloy bolts. . . ever.

Negative. I wouldn’t ride anything less on my roadie. Specialized posts are amazing, especially with Zertz. This also applies to carbon bars (not the Zertz bit)

Depends on what you mean enough. The Ti one on my Zipps I need to replace every 6 - 12. Never causes me any problems and I believe this is a fair trade off for the weight saving.

I have no idea. Just buy new tyres.

Velocity rims will always have burs in the spoke holes.
I’ve had two sets (deep v and aero head) and all four rims weren’t deburred properly when I got them.

Yeah, each to their own. Interesting opinions. Don’t agree with you on most of them though… :smiley:

alloy chainring bolts- strip far too easily if you need to change your chainrings often. Same goes for alloy nipples IMO. I’ve even munted a set of Dura Ace 7800 bolts…

Alloy freehub bodies- If I had to replace a freehub every 6-12 months, I don’t think I’d call them durable! Obviously in a race context, this might be acceptable. But hey, I’m an average Joe (cyclist).
Grab me another Titanium freehub body off the team car mate! :evil:

SRAM chains- personal bias really. Had a bad stint using some in the past.
But it doesn’t help when you hear about Fabian Cancellera’s SRAM chain snapping in the Koppenberg, and the massive SRAM Powerlock recall issue… :expressionless:

Also… you don’t need expensive chamois cream. Bepanthen is best.
Rub it on your chamois, your hands, your tattoos… anything.

I use Mayonaise.

If you are stripping your chainring bolts then you are over tightening them.

And yes, Bepanthen is amazing.

i always wondered why you taste so good.

Don’t buy SRAM Red unless you like your components recalled, twice:

SRAM announces recall of 10-speed Red WiFli rear derailleurs - BikeRadar

i like how the comments are about grammar, and have nothing to do with the product recall.

I just found out formula lockrings are made of butter… very soft microwaved butter

Hilarious, poms eh?

phew, my serial aint in it.

the most important thing to do these days while riding is to take as many photos as possible with your 10000 megapixel camera, add a filter to make them look like you used a camera from 1982 and upload to instagram with a hashtag that ends with ‘lyf’

#alexlyf

alexabc123… killing the dream… :frowning:

ftfy