General chit-chat.

I hadn’t heard anything about the swap meet either… I guess after the crowds at the last one they don’t need much advertising.

Meanwhile what’s this thing the Galleries Victoria? Roller racing tonight???

Hey Alex, not sure who’s heading along tonight, but I know I’m not… Gonna try to get to the final night of it at least, to watch some heroes blow their legs up. You should go and get qualified, you’ve got a good spin in those legs of yours.

I’m heading in tonight… Pretty much my only Thursday night off ever… Just wanna qualify.

What time do things kick off?

6pm-9pm apparently

So Nathan, how did you go?

I’ve always wanted to ride to St Albans. The narrow roads put me off a bit, but I can’t shake the idea.

2nd fastest time overall so far. Only guy faster was a dude by the name of Craig White who turned up looking serious in his skins and a Kieren racing shirt. He’s a full 2 seconds ahead of my time and didnt look like he was at full steam!!

Alex turned up and jumped on and ran a mighty fast time for 3rd outright on his first go!

Boo. Roller racing while I’m away. Although all this French cheese/wine/duck etc probably ain’t helping.

Back in just over a week. Will be on the lookout for a bike ASAP after I return. (57 or 58 squared-ish if you come across anything). Also looking forward to getting some km’s under my belt on my deathmachine when I return.

Have you got a road bike dirty? No one rides fixed here anymore! (this is not a stab just an observation which I neither oppose nor support). I have to get a beater fixed gear for the streets because I don’t miss riding fixed at all and it might rekindle the fire.

LOL, can I get that on a t-shirt?

Nope, I have a deathtrap conversion and that’s all. I’m looking for one of each.

Out of interest, I went the whole way through Holland, Belgium and France and I only noticed one or two fixed gears before we got to Bordeaux yesterday. Even most of the Bordeaux hipsters were on road bikes.

I might be tackling this in the next few weeks bar the F3 part showed, will stay on old pac:
Pacific Hwy, Hornsby NSW 2077 to Pacific Hwy, Hornsby NSW 2077 - Google Maps

I will put up how the roads are, i know that it is pretty sketchy between spencer and wisemans.

Maybe you can get some ‘clear out’ pro gear after the tour?

Hey Nathan… how did you pull up this morning??

Hey .bloodfart (what a name!) I came back from out near Dubbo a few weeks ago and took the scenic route, central mangrove-spencer-wisemans and then to the hills. The roads are reasonable, all tar, many dips, bumps, cracks, windy and in some places blind corners and narrow.

Let us know how you go on your ride. I’d be keen, and hopefully a few others here would be, to roll out next time with you.

Hey .bloodfart (what a name!) I came back from out near Dubbo a few weeks ago and took the scenic route, central mangrove-spencer-wisemans and then to the hills. The roads are reasonable, all tar, many dips, bumps, cracks, windy and in some places blind corners and narrow.

Let us know how you go on your ride. I’d be keen, and hopefully a few others here would be, to roll out next time with you.

Lol, I must have made some impression! Everyone’s been asking that! I don’t remember much of last night. Legs are definitely sorer than my head though.

You didn’t do anything to be worried about… but we were all pretty pissed… was a good night.

Do you remember the ‘rear view’ mirror?

Geez, sounds like I missed out on a cracker on Saturday…

Stefan: I’ve ridden from Wiseman’s out to St Albans after doing a long haul on the old northern road (the convict road north from Wisemans). The road isn’t so bad, and it’s (from memory) about 25kms from wiseman’s to st albans. And the pub there has amazing local ale.

Rhys: I’ve got a conversion I could probably be talked into parting with. Was my station bike, but I’m not riding to the station any more.

And I’m finally in my new place. My bike room has swallowed the lot quite admirably: it’s about the size of four big lounge rooms, albeit with a dirt floor. I reiterate my offer: if anyone has bikes that need storing/hiding, there’s more than enough room for whatever you’ve got.